Is the fifth generation as good as people talk?

Is the fifth generation as good as people talk?

Attached: 5718DC82-F975-4E2D-AC87-D732D2263C87.jpg (808x668, 314.38K)

the only games worse than bw are swsh and bdsp

They're a bit overhyped these days but they're alright. A lot of gen 5 pokemon evolve too late and berry planting was put behind an online service that's gone now but overall they're solid.

>walk in the only direction NPCs let you go and mindlessly mash A to beat everything: the game
no

4 > 5 > 3 > 2 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 8

I know you're a newfag but at least be on topic.

No. B&W are shit. B2&W2 are kino. Overall a middling gen.

I wonder how low IQ it takes to think gen 4 is the best let alone good

there's a notable step up in qol stuff and attempted at story telling but it's pretty much the same old shit. It does have robust postgame content though; probably the best in the series. Pokemon as a series isn't all that good in general though and it really shows without multiplayer there to prop it up

Attached: 1641754902815.png (1030x673, 276.33K)

What a retarded take.

Attached: 1640615991092.png (597x916, 514.6K)

Last gen where they tried. Say what you want about it but the following gens were infinitely more flat and boring.

Japan has garbage taste so this only confirms Gen 4 is trash

Hit or miss. If you see someone hating it ardently and trying to defend gen 6, they're one specific shitposter who cherrypicks to hell and back.

>It does have robust postgame content though
a few routes you can finish in half an hour is robust postgame content?

Battle Train plus that a new cave with mons in their late 60s-70s.

That’s not how counting works

>Last gen where they tried
yeah I really felt the trying when they removed a bunch of useful features from gen 4, made the exploration worse, and made the spritework even shittier somehow

You're baiting too hard

>platinum lower than DP
top fucking kek, i'm guessing the people voting for pokemon games asked themselves 'what was the first pokemon game i played'

point out the part of my post that's false

compared to the rest of the series? Absolutely

Attached: 1634922900114.jpg (5049x2394, 3.82M)

>made the exploration worse
Gen 5 did the exploration so much better than previous Gens because there was an actual incentive to explore, ie infinite TMs and hidden grottos.

>look at all these piss easy NPCs you can mindlessly sweep by clicking A!
>look at all these pokemon we couldn't just put in the maingame for some reason!
why should I care

They put platinum behind DP. That invalidates the whole list because platinum is an objective improvement upon diamond and pearl.
This. BW was interesting it just took too long to open up and felt linear. That's it's only real flaw I'd say. From interviews Ive come to understand masuda genuinely tried with BW and resented the west for hating it.

Hating black and white is for redditers and normies.
>Muh gears! Muh ice cream!
>Where's Pikachu wtf Pokemon is RUINED

B+W had a cool story and I appreciated the total reboot in a foreign region with zero old pkmn. They'll never do that again after BW. Gen 6 they gave you a Blaziken and a Charizard and a Lucario for fucking free at the start of the game. God forbid players don't get that nostalgia. Balance and team building be damned. Also gen 6's story was blatantly unfinished. It's antithetical to gen 5 and that's why gen 5 and 6 fans hate each other.

Anyway I just like scrafty and escavalier they're cool.

>Gen 5 did the exploration so much better than previous Gens
it's a fucking straight line and the NPCs constantly railroad the fuck out of you

>That's it's only real flaw I'd say
yeah, maybe if you ignore the piss easy difficulty, poorly written story, objectively bad sprites, low amount of replayable content, and lack of literally any kind of innovation or improvement to the series.

>what's that? SINGLEPLAYER CONTENT? in my RPG? UNACCEPTABLE!!!
You can just say you're a faggot, it'll get the point across.

Japs have shit taste. More news at eleven.

>yeah, maybe if you ignore the piss easy difficulty, poorly written story, objectively bad sprites, low amount of replayable content, and lack of literally any kind of innovation or improvement to the series.
everything you said applies to all games in the main series, you just need to change "sprites" for "3D models" regarding gen VI+
just say you hate pokémon games and be done with it

>it's a fucking straight line and the NPCs constantly railroad the fuck out of you
This is every gen sweetie. I don't remember Kanto letting you get an optional legendary fire bug midway through the game.

>>what's that? SINGLEPLAYER CONTENT?
Why should I care if the content isn't good?

It's interesting how that image leaves out Hoenn even though its singleplayer content is objectively better than every single game in that image

Do you mean "Hoenn" or specifically Emerald? Because in 2/3 of its games, Hoenn has less going for it.

>everything you said applies to all games in the main series,
gen 7 has a well written story and decent difficulty so why can't gen 5?

>you just need to change "sprites" for "3D models" regarding gen VI+
the models are fine compared to the dogshit sprites they used in gen 5 where they couldn't even scale the back sprites properly

>This is every gen sweetie.
not gen 1
not gen 2
not gen 3
not gen 8
not gen 9

>gen 7 has a well written story and decent difficulty so why can't gen 5?
yep, you're just trolling

>Do you mean "Hoenn" or specifically Emerald?
I mean Hoenn.

> Because in 2/3 of its games, Hoenn has less going for it.
What you actually mean is "Hoenn doesn't have NPCs dancing for no reason to arbitrarily block some of the routes until you reach the credits"

B2 and W2 are

>It's interesting how that image leaves out Hoenn even though its singleplayer content is objectively better than every single game in that image
Hoenn doesn't even give you a postgame elite four rematch where they get stronger or a rival with a fully decked out team.

>arbitrarily block some of the routes
And? Having some content that's specifically intended for you to encounter after you've beaten the game is somehow bad?