4 years later the only games where raytracing makes difference are Minecraft and Quake 2 RTX

>4 years later the only games where raytracing makes difference are Minecraft and Quake 2 RTX
Let's be honest, raytracing is dead and will be and abandoned in a near future.

Attached: 1_tn4j1f8TZG3KhY69-k83Qw.png (1400x747, 758.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yT6_z0H6-3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice bait, poorfag.

Attached: E7424F39-F87D-4CF8-A940-3F4E6F88C54E.jpg (370x600, 67.56K)

never cared about this buzz word

Whaat, but its soooo pretty.
The more, mmm, reflections, you see, lighting somewhere here... or there.

>another game where RTX make barely any difference
Lmao, enjoy your silky smooth 60 fps on 3090 FullHD UPSCALED, LOL while I'll play in 144 fps.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-09-03-13-35-41-82_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3.jpg (1925x1080, 794.43K)

Must be nice to be so clueless and ignorant

It's for devs to make lighting easier and quicker, not for consumers to actually notice or enjoy

I can't wait till people find out that the new GPUs coming out won't increase ray tracing performance at all.

Attached: cyberpunk raytracing on off difference.jpg (1907x1075, 187.41K)

It's not going to be abandoned lol. It IS the future. Hardware just needs to improve.
With that being said, there's no point in caring about ray tracing this decade. Every big AAA game will be made with the PS5/Xbox in mind, and those consoles absolutely shit themselves with ray tracing. Ray tracing will remain an extra, something sprinkled on top rather than an essential part of the presentation of a game.
Today the only fully ray traced AAA game that I know of is Metro Exodus EE. And that's just a remaster of a PS4 game that you can play without ray tracing, much less demanding than the games coming out in the next few years. And yet it can make the resolution dip below 1080p on PS5, and 540p on Series S. It's just not sustainable.

In the future though, once we're free of these consoles? Once graphics cards have evolved further? I do think ray tracing will become the norm.

>Hardware just needs to improve.
How will you improve current gen consoles, lol?

im not paying 1000$ for extra glitter

youtu.be/yT6_z0H6-3U
it makes quite a difference in 1.5

>Hardware just needs to improve
>he never heard of Moore's Law

Attached: 1661451253884373.jpg (506x500, 124.96K)

>implying people didn't get shader cards for morrowind alone

Oh yeah absolutly, in a side by side raytracing is great, but in gameplay you dont really notice it in the heat of things, and the constant 50% fps drop you do notice.

It should be a thing that you flip on and lose 10% frames. Until then, its a meme

T. Day on 2080ti/3080ti owner who's going to buy amd if the watts are lower.
Fuck rtx

>hardware just needs to improve
How do you expect that to happen? We have only just barely improved from the 1080ti.

RTX in RE2R and R3make was top notch, you fag

Attached: KEK.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

I think the bigger problem with ray tracing isn’t getting mathematically accurate lighting, it’s going to be the death of any stylized art in higher end games.

Raytracing is only getting started. It's very computationally expensive. And it doesn't work well when it's backported into something like Quake 2.

Raytracing is not a method of making better reflections.

It's very noticeable.

is that supposed to look special?

It has nothing to do with art style. You can use whatever style you want.

>Shoulder beneath shirt still glows

Call me autistic but I refuse to buy a new gpu purely because of the RTX branding

Ever since the first RTX gpus I assumed it was a gimmick that would quickly die off and be replaced or go back to GTX name brand

T. GTX 1080ti enjoyer

>has 3080 ti
>talks that graphics are not important
Cope?

i realised ao is pointless recently, it reduces your fps and the shadows it makes aren't realistic.
Maybe race tracing is better

>you dont really notice it in the heat of things
Bullshit. My eyes notice it looks worse, as if it is incomplete without ray tracing. It's not "stare it at it will look ten times better", it's "details here and there make whole thing better looking overall".

fucking stupid Bezo could have bought a billion dollar rtx gaming pc