Castle/v/ania Harmony of Despair

Get your hoes in gear

Game info: pastebin.com/c92PqJNQ

Attached: 1655614961229.png (288x344, 204.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/4014
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well fuck me I am getting a "User already logged in" error and can't make a room.

Close the game, wait five minutes, and start it again.

Oh shit that worked, thanks!

Still trying to get this to work on Steam Deck. The game works with Soma, the default character, but I don't want to play as just Soma, I am a Belmont man.

Now the puzzling thing is that the fix I was looking at for keeping the menu from crashing, has already been applied for compatibility reasons to the game's files per the Pastebin download which I copied over. Per this Github issue report github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/4014 you have to put a dummy Axe Armor file into pretty much every folder all the way down to the actual character file being called or else it will duplicate it. This was already done, so I'm baffled as to why the game crashed on STeam Deck and only on Steam Deck; the same emulator version with the same configuration and the same Vulkan renderer doesn't crash on Windows.

The log gives me a metric fuckton of CELL_ENOENT errors relating to not being able to open a DLC file (this is bullshit, it does load files for DLC maps) and two interesting ones: "E VM: Failed to lock sudo memory (addr=0x35400000, size=0x300000). Consider increasing your system limits." and "F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x005032a0]} VM: Access violation reading location 0xdf59e378 (unmapped memory)"

So it seems like on Steam Deck that Harmony of Despair seems to be trying to read memory that doesn't exist? Or there's an absolutely colossal memory leak somewhere.

This error doesn't care what build of RPCS3 I'm using and persists across both the newest build available and the build version given in the Pastebin. It also doesn't care whether it's gaming mode or desktop mode.

I'm stumped, personally.

Attached: 1659155885339.gif (244x255, 604.96K)

>In development emulator has bugs on some operating systems that aren't present on other operating systems
Truly a great mystery for the ages

got a ch7 hard open for a couple minutes if anyone wants in

Right, but it's broken in such a way that it's violating CPU instructions rather than crashing normally or spitting out an otherwise normal error. Going all bumblefuck off to an unmapped portion of CPU space to try and call instructions is well beyond what I was expecting.

Fixed the "Failed to lock sudo memory" error by mucking around with a system configuration file and allowing things more memory to work with. Haven't fixed the access violation error and not sure I *can.*

Boss souls can drop on normal too, right?

Yes

>three Ashrats souls in a row
I am in real danger

Let me know if these Globus is too distracting.

They are

Right, I'll stop then.

Changed accurate DFMA settings to false in a config and no change, crashes at character-change menu. I assume the pose of giving up until tomorrow.

Attached: 1649959330533.jpg (802x1200, 200.66K)

>I assume the pose of giving up

Attached: [Chibiki] Puchimas! - 61 [360p][33EABFF7].mkv_snapshot_00.48_[2014.04.01_22.19.32].jpg (640x360, 25.72K)

Thanks, sorry. Congrats on the robe

Post when rooms up

Attached: 1659758867822.png (773x750, 705.28K)

I blame the ghosts for distracting us last round

aight chapter 7 bros thanks for the runs i'm off to bed

Good night!

I have a chapter 9 room open, unless you want to play a different map.

>I have a chapter 9 room open
>Day 4 of sonic boots farming

I don't know what else to do, so suggest a chapter and I'll do it