Why has hand to hand combat in games decayed so badly...

Why has hand to hand combat in games decayed so badly? Everything is floaty and weightless with zero impact or satisfaction of movement.

Compare the shit we are getting today with the crunchy, visceral combat of Condemned, the CQC of Metal Gear series or even the over the top belligerence of Godhand. That game is 16 FUCKING YEARS OLD, had a shoestring budget, and the hits still feel more powerful and satisfying than modern dogshit games.

Where did the talent actually go? We were capable of doing this before with less money and manpower so why cant we do it now?

Attached: flying target.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

because

he telegraphed that flying knee way too much

Video game making is still seen as a meme job so they hire whoever the fuck straight out of college because the higher ups know nothing on how difficult it is to make a good game.

any NaMers?

He didnt fly so good...

Bullshit. Video games make more money than Hollywood.

>flyweight
amazing

Weird webm to show as that looked like floaty OMEGA shit. Look for Tyson knockouts if you truly wanna see satisfying non-faggot blows.

I was thinking about that when playing ARMS a few years ago, the impact of the punches felt very limp and unsatisfying which is weird as nintendo are generally really good at feedback

flyweight still sucks after DJ left.

yea. being able to put almost a foot between them and block the kneeing leg with his arm, he was completely ready for it. honestly with how well he countered it, it looked like he was waiting just for it.

>Bullshit. Video games make more money than Hollywood.
And yet they are as shitty as ever

Anyone that calls that lightbulb head midget cuck the GOAT needs to kill themselves.

That guy's punch is so fast holy shit

So my question when I see these rare clips where MMA actually looks cool is, is this kinda just luck on the fighter's part, or did the guy who won actually have the brain speed to like consciously think to counter? Would it be more accurate to say that he dodged and countered out of reflexes, or was he actually thinking fast enough to or otherwise know his opponent well enough to have explicit brain inputs where he's thinking, "Yeah this guy is going to/is currently using a flying knee, let me space and counter."

It's like in fast past FPS games, when you jump you have predictable trajectory. That webm is just reaction time and knowing hes going to land in a specific spot.

That makes a ton of sense to my brain.

He consciously countered.
Youre only seeing the final blow here but the Asian dude was absolutely dabbing on the black guy since the first ten seconds of the fight. He had his timing down totally.

Attached: noclip gorilla.webm (576x1024, 2.32M)

That punch was crazy fast and accurate and that reaction was instant but the punch didn't seem THAT strong to me, like enough to knock someone out specially for someone on that weight class

That was like a full force right hook?

Time and time again, placement and timing of a punch matter more than just brute force unless you are at heavyweight.

the forward momentum of being in the middle of your own attack when you get tagged multiplies the force, sometimes to an insane degree