Depth of magic system peaked at "you can pretend you're Palpatine!"

>Depth of magic system peaked at "you can pretend you're Palpatine!"
Will 6 just get rid of fire ice and shock all together?

Attached: skyrm.jpg (1280x720, 186.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Attack_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)#Special_Attacks_outside_of_V.A.T.S.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The elder scrolls never had deep combat systems
>b-b-buh
Shut the fuck up, boomer.

Yes, return to Arcanum
>Harm
>Harm
>Harm

Skyrim is terrible and there's no reason to believe TES6 won't also be terrible.

i just hope they never go the 'trace the magic symbol with your mouse to cast' type of bullshit

that game would have been so good if they kept it turn based, instead you've got harm and fully automatic archers

I played as a battle mage that used buffs shields conjuration and soul trapping. Its really fun if you play like that

To be fair Skyrim came out during a time everything in the industry tried to cater to casuals, things are different today.
Even Fallout 4 from 2015 had far more combat and armor options than F3 and FNV.

>things are different today.
yes, worse

Attached: morrowind.png (1116x707, 1.3M)

No matter the setting, realistic magic systems, that is to say actual, rather than whatever ritualistic mess others think off, is too computationally expensive to implement.

I don't disagree but it probably will only affect the writing negatively, customization options should be far more than in previous games.

I think magic in skyrim was designed first as a possible benefactor to the swordplay instead of using it all on its own. Sword in one hand, any spell in the other is way more fun and balanced for the long run than dual magics. First playthrough I tended to use conjuration a lot alongside my sword and it worked really well. I guess it makes a modicum of sense due to nords being oriented around the physical arts but it kinda feels like it betrays a bit of the renowned world building of the tes series to have magic so limited.

the wizard...

fallout 4 lost all special attacks. only light attacks + heavy attack
fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Attack_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)#Special_Attacks_outside_of_V.A.T.S.

>big words about shit he has literally no idea about
Stop trying to act smart, retarded zoomer.

What are the best open world games with magic systems outside for elder scrolls?

Cool, now try to implement a photoshop analogue in a game but with game mechanics that won't drain all CPU or memory.

You can have a good magic system without going for complex realism you fucking sperg. There was nothing realistic about the magic in older TES titles but it was still far more extensive and had actual progression past getting a fatter magicka pool. Stop pretending to be smart you fedora tipping Redditor faggot.

Attached: 1642506399002.jpg (727x486, 63.92K)

That's true, however those aren't particularly deep systems ultimately.
I suggest you tone your unwarranted aggression down, calling others spergs whilst acting like one yourself reflects terribly on you.

>Cast fury at a distance. Have enemies have fight with each other
>Summon my goons to take care of the surviving jabronies
>Shotgun electrical blast any nerd that thought he could get up close
Modded playthrough but still fun, really made me appreciate a full on wizard set up. Skyrim's magic still has potential. I wish they went through that idea of combing spells to create brand new ones. what that they showed off during their little game dev jam

Attached: Screenshot.png (888x950, 1.56M)

You write like a 12 year old trying to sound smarter than he is
Fucking fag

No, I do not.

It peaked at "you can pretend you're Goku!", dummy.

Attached: Skyrim_Lighting_Storm.png (1366x768, 885.29K)

I suggest you throat my scrote.

Attached: 2563897.png (105x89, 27.91K)

Why is that old guy in the back my CS professor?

Attached: 1650099217170.png (480x480, 200.76K)

You know, people say magic sucks in Skyrim, but what they actually mean is Destruction sucks in Skyrim.

you're probably right. protective spells like wards and stone skin are all but useless while using offensive spells because of low mana at low level and shit damage at high level.
I generally prefer hybrid combat for my magic chars but I did have a lot of fun using pure magic on a breton mage with no leveling.