Thoughts on Super Mario Odyssey?

Thoughts on Super Mario Odyssey?

Attached: 435360-super-mario-odyssey-nintendo-switch-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 204.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MLM8G_zjJcY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A giant missed opportunity.

i liked it when it came out but someone eceleb made a 2 hour long video criticizing it so i hate it now

it has some fantastic levels, but it's bogged down by the two boss arena "kingdoms" and lower quality kingdoms like moon and snow
still a 5/5 game though

Super fun game to play. Also, the soundtrack is 10/10. There's a good video of behind the scenes of the recording of it youtu.be/MLM8G_zjJcY

It gets too many threads on here.

It's OK. I'd rather play any other 3D Mario, though.

Attached: E2UT_huVIAUEkpg.png (767x693, 1.01M)

it alright

>3D Land

It’s the worst 3D Mario by a considerable margin, the worst Nintendo made Switch game, and might be the worst Nintendo made game ever.
>perfect scores and awards from every “journalist”
Proof these people are a waste.

I said what I said.

Attached: FU3Svq0WAAAIkLY.jpg (275x183, 8.12K)

Enjoyed it at the time, not as much as other 3D Marios, can't see myself ever replaying it.

Plays like a dream, wish that more of the genuine platforming wasn't so awkwardly sprinkled across the game. Bowser's kingdom, moon cavern, and darker side are phenomenal. There should have been more linear sequences using multiple captures.

Not enough levels

Too many moons

Liked it, still holding on to false hope we’ll get a sequel, I fucking hate how there’s usually only one 3d mario per console

I loved it but I need to replay it to see if my opinion has changed.

Tried it but not my thing. What's amazing is that both 3D Mario games with the best "movement" according to the fanbase are the ones I don't care as much for. Mario 64 and the Galaxy games (especially Galaxy 2) are, to be, better than both Odyssey and Sunshine.

Galaxy games have a lot more varied and inventive level design. While it's not my favorite, I think you could make a case for 3D World having the most unique and varied level design of any 3D platformer ever.

I really enjoy it. Really fun to control and extremely varied worlds to explore and find tons of moons in.
Of course this was what people have been begging for for years, a return to 64 and Sunshine, open worlds and collection, but the cycle dictates it's not a good game.

Selling 23,930,000 copies it is the 45th best selling game of all time

Attached: Everyone was kneeling out of respect.jpg (692x1100, 206.53K)

That may well be what it is for me because I really liked 3D World too (played it on Wii U) even though I have a hard time putting it in the same line with the other 3D Mario platformers.

It's pretty much a 2D Mario game that just happens to occupy three dimensions.

Attached: 3DWorld.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

I always thought SM64 was considered to have the best movement (and its popularity with speedrunners kinda confirms it). While I love Galaxy 1 and 2's level design and creativity moving around just feels clunky to me

Yeah 3D world is somehow underappreciated (the Switch port is helping with that though). It's an amazingly well designed game and some of the best straight up platforming I've ever played

Speedrunning? Yes.
Casually? Odyssey is definitely more fluid and feels better to control in most cases.

Attached: Mario Odyssey Luncheon Kingdom race.webm (1120x630, 2.99M)

Recently I feel like the Mario game most consistently given the "best movement" award has been Sunshine, but Odyssey has been starting to take that nod.

Odyssey has 10/10 movement, best in the series
but it's fucking trapped in 6/10 level designs, even the best ones are maybe 8/10 levels.

God, using the hat moves is the most unsatisfying thing.

New Donk City is the best level in the franchise.