Anime videogames

Anime videogames are kind of a living contradiction.
They aren't good games, being just plainly bad at the very very best. But at the same time they know what their audience want and give it to them without hesitating so in a literal sense they're effective, competent products.

Should anime games be condemned due to their failure as videogames, should be praised due to satisfying their audience (otaku who only care about cute anime girls) and giving it what it wants while ignoring the people who hate them, or should be simply ignored and left on their small bubble?

Attached: anime games.jpg (935x1665, 553.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9oDMYdNzzKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Weebs don't have shit taste. That would imply that they have any standards at all, albeit very low. The reality is they have zero standards and will consume anything as long as it's anime.
t. reformed weeb.

I had the opposite experience, I turned full weeb at 25 and I'm still mad at myself for judging anime and anime vidya at face value when in fact they're some of the best media ever created
Different strokes for different folks, eh?

Attached: hi_based.png (300x300, 10.96K)

I personally hate them for having given up on being good games and focused themselves on selling moe bullshit to subhumans. Back in my days anime games were known to be high concept, ambitious and imaginative stories full of crazy stuff. The hole their disappearance left is hard to fill. Even the fucking Xeno serie is a shell of its former self. It's disheartening.

don't even pretend that lea is part of what OP is describing

just having cute girls by itself is the minimum bar. No one cares about that. It needs dating mechanics and a Mute male protagonist for full immersion.

Depends on if you like the oldshit or newshit, I guess. I wouldn't say anything to a person who plays pre 2010 anime games since they were made with love, care and have some kind of budget behind them. Now everything is cheap and too self-referential. It got to be too tiresome so I gave up on them for now. I'm not completely against budget games, but they should at least be priced as such. I can't really justify paying a premium price + DLC + tip for modern anime games which are a fleecing scheme first and a enjoyable product second.
But if you enjoy the modern stuff as well then that's that. I'm not here to convince you to stop enjoying what you like.

Anime games pander to me and that's a good thing

I didn't mean to imply this, it was just a reaction image.
Here, have another one

Attached: 2Ae5jht.png (606x360, 132.42K)

Anime games should be judged and criticized like would you with every game because tolerating their mediocrity would allow it to infect other games.
We already made a big mistake ignoring the moviegame cancer and letting it gestate.

Ironic post given how the reason CrossCode was good was due to it being made by western developers aiming at a western audiences.

Code Vein was absolute kino you plebian

Attached: Skull King.jpg (1280x720, 308.49K)

Given how moe and coom print money, can you blame them?
Atelier was always the equivalent of someone with high school education having a shit job and living paycheck to paycheck. Can you blame Gust for finally having money to spend thanks to Ryza's thighs?

No it wasn't. It was worse than even Lords of the Fallen.

>CV sells a million
>Atelier got by for over 20 years by mainly sticking to its core audience never changing
>SK died because the creator left
>But anime is bad

BASED
youtu.be/9oDMYdNzzKQ

Attached: Successor of the Brain.png (900x1245, 948.69K)

>>CV sells a million
It sold 2 millions in 2 years

Attached: Rin concept art.png (540x338, 144.03K)

If you are seething over anime games now, then I can't imagine how you'd act when they were actually uncensored and not censored by burgerfats

>Given how moe and coom print money, can you blame them?
It really doesn't, what it does is makes it easy to find a niche within the otaku fanbase, but it absolutely kills your potential for growth and mass appeal. It's a survival strategy, but it's not a strategy to print money.
Gust aren't some kind of big studio, they're still a small company mass producing shovelware barely above compile hearts in quality.

>now
This guy has been seething about anime games for over a year

>It's a survival strategy, but it's not a strategy to print money.
Marvelous and Compile Heart say otherwise.

>growth and mass appeal
Anime games have no appeal outside otaku audiences, even when they are devoid of coom. Average Joe will never say something like "you know, I was about to buy the latest Halo game, but this Aiteilier game looks interesting, I will buy it instead".

>atelier
>never changing
fuck you, you newfag, you disgust me