Why is Ubisoft avoiding the Feudal Japan setting?

Why is Ubisoft avoiding the Feudal Japan setting?

Attached: CKK5rSTLhH2nVqN2m68XK3.jpg (1920x1080, 263.33K)

because Sekiro exists user

>wanting ubisoft to do a japan setting asscreed in the first place
lol

because they know they won't be able to ignore the historically accurate loli ninjas in their game like everyone else does

Because ninjas are fucking gay.

after AC1 I had hoped they would chose a more recent historical setting, speak WWII. Would be kino to assassinate political figures and high ranking officers and shit

They can't put black people in the game.

I think it's because there are several games set in feudal Japan, no doubt many of them are better than what Ubisoft hope to make, for example why would you play a feudal Japan asscreed when Ghost of Tsushima exists? Do you honestly think Ubisoft could do better than that?

I believe they are trying to make games set in historical periods that are less "known" or represented in games.

I bet they avoid it on purpose

the only period they've done that's not widely popular was the american revolution

Because they're ubisoft and can't do anything but marginally iterate on previous game in series.

Why not? They did it with the viking one and you just know Yasuke will show up and be prominent if they ever go there.

they are based and want to make weeb pedos seethe

Because they're not desperate enough yet

>Do you honestly think Ubisoft could do better than that?
Sucker Punch is basically in the same bin of shit as Ubisoft

Most of the settings they've done aren't that popular and haven't been done on the scale of AC.

exactly. I'd rather they commit to interesting settings than something played out like feudal Japs.

Ass Creed 1 was one of the last games old Ubisoft made before they became this safe copy/paste timewaster company they've become.

Because Ubisoft wanted to do an AC1 remake, that was the main incentive. Then the devs looked at what they could possibly reuse the assets for, to make a mainline game and came up with bagdad. Make no mistake this is just an excuse to reuse the assets they're making for the AC1 remake, no real thought is going into the new game other than it would be a waste to use the same assets on the AC1 remake

tell me more about these loli ninjas

which one of these isn't popular you tell me: vikings? cleopatran egypt? peloponesian war era greece? caribbean pirates? victorian london? revolutionary paris? these are all the eras you learn in grade school

of the settings you mentioned we only did modules on ancient Egypt and ancient Greece. and it was very, very broad. I'm glad you're a historian, user, but that doesn't mean everyone else is.

>played out
2 recent games vaguely (vaguely) similar to ass creed in terms of gameplay is hardly "played out".

Plus it's fucking assassin's creed. The only bearing their usual settings put on these games is what the armor and environment looks like. If they did ninjashit it would actually be a cause for them to innovate on gameplay like Black Flag did.

They could, but I never understood why people think they need to.