NEW WORLD

Is this worth picking up on sale? I love the idea of an MMO you only pay for once without subscription shit.

How is the current state of the game?

Attached: Untitled.png (964x720, 749.04K)

Fuck no

Consider GW2 instead

I'd give this game a shot if it wasn't so damn hardware intense. I have a 5 year old midrange PC with a 1060 and the game ran like shit when I tried it in the open beta. I really don't understand why devs would use such a demanding, badly optimized graphics engine for an MMORPG, that by default filters out a huge portion of their potential playerbase. A big reason why OSRS, FF14 and WoW are still at the top to this day is because these games can run on toasters.

>How is the current state of the game?
For an MMO that's backed by a billion dollar company? Pathetic.

Attached: file.png (720x338, 76.77K)

>buying and playing a MMO
I will never understand this.

It's a great game and 150% worth buying, but I implore you to consider buying it at full price sir. Make sure to support good developers like Amazon!

mmos are for fags, but I'm pretty sure there is no end game content

Both options are horrible and only if you want to lather uranus with bleach playing them

Like Lost Ark

It's fairly entertaining for the first 20 or so levels while the game is still fresh.
But then you get to around 25 and the xp slows to an absolute crawl.
and then you realize around level 30 that there is literally only 10-15 different enemy mobs in the game. and that some of the towns are literal copy/pastes of other towns just slightly rotated and a few NPCs moved.

there's a reason the game went from nearly 1 mil CCU to barely 50k ccu within a month.

amazon is one of the greediest companies on the planet and you think their game is gonna be a good deal? they don't make money by handing out good deals.

I mean, it actually has no pay 2 win and only cosmetics in the cash shop, which already makes it less greedy than most mmos these days.

What a shame the developer fell for the meme that MMOs are supposed to be singleplayer RPGs you play at the same time as other people.

Just one fucking time I want an MMO that doesn't have a leveling system. Puzzle Pirates was fucking awesome in its prime.

Bump I’m curious as well

I got it for free and it wasn't even worth that much.

you'll get your moneys worth in terms of playtime for sure

I'd go with that too. New World is just retarded grind and barely any fun. Pvp was lacklustre too, with often times you simply not knowing what killed you.
GW on the other hand has good combat, a mix of tab targeting and action combat, a lot more game modes, not a retarded grind, and is ultimately easier to get into. Just don't give a shit about the story, but then again, who plays an mmo for the story.

it really is not, and i say that as someone who played the game ON RELEASE and beat everything
it is garbage, i dont even know why i did that
i think i need help

ff14 can run on toasters? really? game looks pretty good (i never played it)

>mixed reviews
fuck no

Elder Scrolls Online is better, although the expansions cost a shitton.

I can help you (with that bulge in your pants ;))