I want to try WoW. Should I try retail or Classic?

I want to try WoW. Should I try retail or Classic?

I know retail allows you to play for free until level 20 which is nice but I imagine retail has an astronomical amount of content.

I know there's private servers like Turtle-WoW but from what I gather it's botnet shit.

Attached: World_of_Warcraft.png (264x378, 260.86K)

>Should I try retail or Classic?
Both are shit. Retail is beyond garbage, Classic is full of bots and retarded ass-backwards additions like layering that completely ruin the point of going back to vanilla. Just play on a fucking private server, guarantee it's less of a botnet honeypot than retail is.

Attached: wow 10.0.jpg (710x295, 45.93K)

Neo-wow retail is unsalvagable trash. Classic retail is merely worse than even the least legitimate private servers where it counts (laggy piece of shit servers, lack of necessary #changes like custom tuning, has bad inauthentic changes anyway so they can't even evoke strict mechanical replication as a defense, management of the servers is so disastrous a lot of them have fallen to 100-0 population balance, literally the worst community, etc).

Okay, real talk: I'm lead to believe Blizz launched FRESH Wrath of the Lich King servers just a couple of days ago, and because the game is at its most fun during the brief initial rush when the world is lively, to be perfectly honest right at this moment, from today to a few weeks from now, these servers would be the best place to experience WoW. But I must stress that it's not because of any merits of the servers: just about any private server launch would be preferable.

>from what I gather it's botnet shit
Private servers use the original game client. If you trust the client was was safe in 2006-2010 or whenever, it would be safe now (if you insist, you can use checksums to more or less verify that the client executable is untampered with).

Shadowlands is included in sub now and Classic has a 50% XP boost going on until the launch of Wrath of the Lich King Classic on Sep. 26th. I'm getting burnt out on Classic because I got my Blood Elf Paladin to 70 and geared out, then I just made a Human Warrior alt which sits at lvl 32 atm. I think both Retail and Classic are worth a try at least. Classic feels like an actual MMORPG while retail now feels more like a multiplayer action RPG

>Just play on a fucking private server
enjoy your

Do you want an actual MMORPG? Play Classic.
Do you want an instant gratification 3rd person shooter with very light RPG elements? Play retail.

WOTLK was the only good expansion.

You won’t like Vanilla or TBC, they’re very outdated.

The problem is that after WOTLK they got rid of skill trees and homogenized all the classes so they all play exactly the same and all have the same skills.

Play Classic through Lich King first. There is a ton of classic content that is removed or changed in retail. For better or mostly worse. If you end up really enjoying the setting you can then move onto retail, which has the post Cataclysm content changes to the base game, which would have come after Lich King anyways.

If you keep going you can become just as angry and bitter as the rest of us.

wotlk is slow and boring with only a few skills
retail is fast paced looks better and has more quests
waiting time for dungeons etc is shit tho

it's not 2009 anymore, you missed the boat big time bud. Sorry. just forget about it

It's still better than the shit they turned official servers into.

WoW ascension

Play Classic. They just released fresh servers a few days ago, so everyone else on those are starting at level 1 too. Wrath of the Litch King is releasing in less than a month, which is generally considered peak WoW. You also get to enjoy the classic 1-60 classic leveling experience which is comfy.

Don’t listen to this faggot shill

Ascension is a dead server and they also change up half the skill trees on a weekly basis fucking your build up and you can only reset with thousands of gold or to pay them.

Also, the developers work with the top players to tweak builds suiting streamers which means if you aren’t following the streamers flavor build of the week you’re not going to get anywhere near their DPS or Heals

You should play on a private server because it's free and you'll be bored in a few days anyway.

>

Retail Classic is dead and they also fucked up its launch/design somewhat. It was fun for a month a few years ago.

Don’t bother. Retail is shit and the only private servers that aren’t shit are full of minmaxing tryhards that expect you to already know all the content. Just find some pre-cata version to run locally and dick around until you get a sense of what the game used to be imo

You should kill yourself instead.

Attached: 1623828338461.png (866x475, 53.08K)

Sorry user, I just like PvP. I don't care about metafagging or srs bsns builds. I know the devs are faggots but it doesn't affect me.
It's not dead either.

I think Classic is an overall better experience, mostly because I play on a megaserver and there's shenanigans. It really is a matter of taste. Vanilla/Wrath is a different game from the modern product. And you are right about Turtle-WoW being botnet shit. It also has a dogshit community. Just throw down 15 bucks to try both games for a month if you really want to.