Just bought Diablo 2 remaster

just bought Diablo 2 remaster
what am i in for? never played any Diablo game in my life, what class is good to start for newbie and what to build?

Attached: nws_diabo.jpg (1920x1080, 238.2K)

why are you here asking these questions? think for yourself

>buying Diablo II
>buying any remaster ever
Is this a bait thread?

Necro, sorceress or druid. Don't bother with barbarian since his shit scales with weapons and you will have a bad time without getting good shit. Last time I replayed with barb it was a potion chugging simulator because I couldn't hit shit. Not sure about others but 3 I mentioned have skills that scale with skill level which will be enough to get through normal difficulty. Wity those you will still chug potions if msna but at least you won't miss.

just start playing you retard.

Lets analyze what happened here.

Diablo 2 has existed for 2 decades. You could have played it at any time. The original version is, by some miracle, still up.

But you saw a new version that came out, that trannyfied the Amazon and fixed the grevious error of not having "gender inclusive language", and decided "yes, this is the interactive experience for me".

I hate you people so much it's unreal. You cannot possibly fathom how much I despise the existence of you. The casual retards and the no taste faggots haven't made a dent in this hobby compared to the destructive force of people like you. Get boosted (5th jab approved soon!) faggot.

Attached: image_2022-09-02_034837689.png (1194x175, 296.85K)

>what am i in for?
Woke shit.

Based schizoid

just don't play barb or melee builds they're all dogshit

Do whatever you want
Normal difficultly is doable even with a dogshit build

>never played any Diablo game in my life
you won't like it, barely anyone who wasn't deeply conditioned during their childhood can stomach it. And even those "people" are in for "economy" and not game itself.

i bought it when it came out and didn't get past act 2 i think. the place where you fight something in a graveyard. its hard to play after path of exile improved on everything and the quality of life. and i dont even like path of exile

thats act 1 =) lmao filtered!

That's like 10 minutes into the game you ADHD retard

Start with some kind of spell caster. If you make a melee build but can’t find a source of attack rating you’ll be struggling. Would recommend fireball/frozen orb or fireball/blizzard sorceress, trap assassin, summon necro with corpse explosion, bone necro, hammer paladin, elemental druid, summon Druid. Sorceress is generally the best starter character because she’s strong enough to easily farm nightmare Mephisto untwined and can do it fastest thanks to teleport. Once you get some better items from farming, then you’ll have an easier time with some other builds. If you want to play a melee character, basically the main thing you’re gonna need is a decent weapon and the ring and amulet from the angelic set, which aren’t too rare and drop from the usual suspects (nightmare/hell mephisto/Andariel/diablo/Baal). Don’t bother farming in normal, there isn’t really anything you can find in normal that won’t just get replaced later. If you want to farm socketed bases, farm the secret cow level with zero magic find. Save at least one respec on every character for super high level so you can decide at that point what your final build is gonna be.

Once you’re at a very high level with goodish gear, start looking up breakpoints. Faster cast rate (for casters) and increased attack speed (for melee). These stats are just as important as base damage if not more in certain cases, but they don’t work like you think they do. Each class has unique breakpoints that they have to reach for these increased rates to take effect. This also applies to your mercenary and any character that has shapeshifted into a werewolf/bear. Look up a list of low level rune words and familiarize yourself with them. The big two that get used a lot are insight and spirit. Always make spirit in a crystal sword because it has the lowest stat requirement. If you don’t know what merc to use, just use act 2 holy freeze from nightmare difficulty. That’s pretty much the basics. There’a tons of stuff to learn but you will get there eventually just by playing and and looking stuff up as you go

Also save the socket quest from larzuk and the imbue quest from charsi. The item charsi rolls is level based and you get the best results at like level 93+ iirc. The larzuk quest is literally the only way to socket some items and is incredibly valuable. Don’t waste it on an item you’re just gonna replace

And never put points into energy on any character except for maybe an energy shield sorceress. Completely useless stat. Once you have insight energy is totally useless. General rule is raise your stats high enough to wear your equipment and pump the rest into vit

It’s literally better dumbfuck. The graphics are great, they made a bunch of QoL changes and buffed some useless skills and put out new runewords. It’s better in every imaginable way. You’re not even gonna have to look at your ugly trannyzon once you put a helm on

I bought the collection of D2 and D3 and I like D3 way more
D2 is too slow for my taste

Gr8 b8

ignore other posts, user
just play the game with whatever class you like the looks of, they all have different ways of playing them, which you will find out later on
every class is good
every build is good
what is not good is reading optimized endgame walkthroughs or other guide-faggot's opinions

>The graphics are great
"classic mode" looks like complete crap
that is not how it used to like, in fact you can play the original version and see it for yourself

And yet the new graphics are still better so your comment is dumb and you’re gay

>complete newbie
>at level 93+
kek, you probably never played single player in your life

The new graphics suck, the animations are stupid and everything looks bland
They knew a lot of people would prefer the old visual style and that's the fucking reason they included the option to switch graphics on the spot. You're a complete retard.

consider giving hardcore a chance if you do enjoy it. adds a whole layer to the game thats much more engaging.
as far as class i'd for skeleton summoner(Necro) once you get some levels you start picking up useful curses(amp damage, decrepify) and corpse explosion starts raping once you get into nightmare difficulty and can manage your mana.

>the new graphics are still better

Attached: 1629615314532.png (279x555, 298.52K)

Your in for fun until you reach hell and cant go further due to immunities for whatever your build is. Good luck finding runes for conviction aura merc

Single player is all I play because I don’t have internet. There’s a 99.9% chance charsi will give you something useless anyway so there’s no reason not to wait till you’re 93+ to imbue. Even still, it’a a useful way to have a chance at a godly circlet or fool’s claw. It’s worth saving

Dude doesn't even know what to expect or what item level means, having that quest completed is far more enjoyable than just waiting

It's up but everything is run by bots