Question for those who have actually been to one: what are Japanese arcades like?

Question for those who have actually been to one: what are Japanese arcades like?

Attached: 8.jpg (620x396, 107.42K)

I've been in only one before in Shinjuku. It was honestly very unpleasant. It was very noisy (the machines were all cranked up to max noise + playing pop music ovee the speakers), the halls were tight (like one Japanese person could fit through), most of the games were pahinko, physical gach like games, and some fighting games. It was disorienting too since it didnt seem organized like all the fighting games are in this area, etc. it was all scattered. Perhaps I just went to a bad one though.

I’ve never been, but they look pretty neat. Although it looks like they have a lot of gacha and shmups

sounds like a dream bwo...

If you live by a Round One, you should go visit one because that's basically it.
Kinda noisy.
Teenagers/adults hang out there after school/work.
Some population of salarymen/women getting their couple of games in before going back home.
the smaller arcades in japan are the same vibe as your picture, but more crowded.
the bigger ones have virtual horse betting/pachinko. old people like that.

I've been to a few. They all have very cramped walk space, noisy as all hell due to all the music and sound effects going on, it's also reeked of cigarette. Honestly rather unpleasant experiences. The UFO catcher spaces are pretty comfy though.

>>mfw american fatfuck incel who visits japan expecting big titty yellow cunnys to jump at me left and right as I walk down the video game arcade wearing a fedora. take a shower you queer. also it's PACHINKO you autist.

Attached: 1648051527788.png (1109x1464, 1.71M)

Lots of fighting, racing games, and rhythm games. I remember some people that played a rhythm game that required touching the screen, sort of like Elite Beat Agents. They played it so much that they'd wear gloves as to not dirty the screen with their fingerprints.

There were a few types of games that I've never seen in the states. There was some RTS looking game on a table that's also a screen that you'd have to buy trading cards for so you could physically play them on the field. Some other Light gun game where you'd dual wield and could physically snap the guns together for different firing modes.

One arcade had an anime titty mousepad at a PC using for tracking scores or something and it looked fucking disgusting.

>There was some RTS looking game on a table that's also a screen that you'd have to buy trading cards for so you could physically play them on the field
That's Sengoku/Sangoku Taisen. Honestly the settings and what I managed to make out of the gameplay really intrigued me but too bad the series remained Japanese arcade-only to this day.

that's maimai
the gloves are to avoid blisters and reduce friction so you can go faster
all the rhythm games are great

Either extremely cold or extremely hot, VERY loud and tons of stimulus. There's a weird mix of every type of person, some more autistic than others. Everyone typically keeps to themselves. Don't bother putting coins on the arcade deck to say you're next, it doesn't work there. If someone's on a machine you want, you just gotta wait.
They sometimes try to engage the community, like in person tourny signups or message boards. They're nice places, but even the Japanese arcades are dying. I went to the Sega arcade in Akihabara before it shut down, and it felt like a hastily made carnival arcade.

Pretty great you can play schmupps and smoke at th3 same time.

Noisy as fuck, cramped and narrow, and a lot of the time the place stinks from cigarettes. Japanese people also aren't very friendly like you might be used to if you used to go to American arcades, especially not to gaijin. Also there's probably pachinko. Maybe the entire arcade is pachinko. Japanese people love gambling.

>Sega arcade in Akihabara
I believe I've been to that one a long time ago. I remember there being a big crowd indoors for an event with Azur Lane machines.

>because that's basically it.

>no smoking
>huge open space
>low chance of seeing even one candy cab with a fighting, shmup, or puzzle game in it
>very few people around most of the time
>no tournaments or events
>game prices are expensive compared to Japanese standards
>probably in a mall you can't just drop in on easily on your way to and from wherever

No, I don't think that's it at all, user. Round 1's are nice but they are a far cry from the real thing.

Attached: Round1-Arcade-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 265.29K)

today: soulless
90's where you could smoke, smuggle in beers and have shady guys in the back selling you shabu: heaven

>Dark or dimly lit arcade
SOUL FIST
>brightly lit arcade
SOULLESS FIST

a lot more crane games than you'd think.

>Maybe the entire arcade is pachinko.
Would that not be a pachinko parlor instead of an arcade then?

Well damn, you guys knowing the games made me want to look up the gun game I played and it was called Gunslinger Stratos. Very fun, but I didn't get to play it for too long.

Attached: Gunslinger Stratos.jpg (3264x2448, 912.87K)

There is a cool sniper arcade game I tried once. It had a giant sniper with a scope you look. You are playing as some agent on top of buildings while being fed objectives about the scene you are viewing (ex. take out the driver the car). It was pretty cool and fun to play.

if we're helping each other guess arcade games we played, I'm trying to remember this one game. I think it was in Round 1 actually - it was in Diver City, felt like a giant amusement park. It was a pirate game, you used a cannon and loaded it with balls given to you from a ramp between you and the main screen. Graphics were pretty cartoony, reminded me of Bomberman 64. Any idea?

I've been to a lot of the arcades in Shinjuku and I cannot think of a single one that doesn't have all the fighting games consolidated in one area. Which one was it?