Motion Blur

Why do gamers hate motion blur?

Attached: 1645151145954.jpg (1920x1080, 135.48K)

They don't that's why it's in 99% of games. Ignore the 1%. They're retarded.

It's meant to hide framerate dips or ugly graphics. I have none of these issues on my PC with a 3090. Get that shit out of here. Let the console fags suffer with it.

Because real life doesn't have motion blur.

same reason why i hate depth of field, i value visual clarity
my eyes are perfectly capable of "blurring motion" and focusing on objects, i don't need the game to do it based on how i'm moving my mouse

Current realtime motion blur effects are crude imitations of the motion blur you see with real cameras. Sometimes they're good enough, sometimes they're really bad.
Except for VR, games are generally trying to imitate cameras, not your eyes.

Retard. Motion blur works best at higher framerates.
Idiot. Real life also isn't broken up into still frames either. Motion blur more accurately interpolates motion akin to real life than just stitching together disparate frames from your display can.
Moron. If you want visual clarity increase your resolution.

Attached: 1631803432681.jpg (403x605, 40.86K)

Motion blur is a cheap tactic to hide terrible framerates.

motion blur just makes me feel sick, so i turn it off.

lol

When in a moving, stare straight out the side of the window wirhout moving your eyes. Everything is blurry. Now focus on objects as they're passing by. They're clear with no blur.

In a game with motion blur on, stare at objects as they're passing by. They're blurry.

In a game with motion blur off, stare at the screen as they pass by. They're blurry. Now stare at them. They're clear. This is more realistic.

>When in a moving
Meant while in a moving vehicle

Wave your hand in front of your face and try real hard to focus on it. It's going to be blurry.

user, i think you need glasses

>uses the 2nd worst "supercar" in the game to demonstrate a post-processing effect to make you feel like you're moving fast
what did they mean by this

If you track your hand it becomes clear.

Attached: test blurry.webm (404x720, 1.35M)

Because we already have to deal with sample and hold motion blur, it's adding blur on top of blur.

True, eyes can't see less than 4 inches of blur

>Idiot. Real life also isn't broken up into still frames either.
Yes it is. The smallest unit of time is a planck second.

Looks bad

It's not adding. It's correcting.

Because it obstructs vision, and I always want to see what I'm doing when I'm playing a game instead of sacrificing it for graphical effect

smallest known unit of time