How do we fix the MMO genre?

How do we fix the MMO genre?

Attached: 1535911715278.png (895x877, 598.29K)

Final Fantasy XIV perfected the MMO genre

the invisible walls ruin it it's like you're trapped in a tiny cube

MMOs have always been time wasting trash for braindead faggots. The entire genre doesn't have one decent game to its name, fucking pathetic.

horizontal progress instead of purely vertical progress (levelling up)

>MMOs then: For milking money from autistic subhumans
>MMOs now: For milking cash from children

Final Fantasy XIV

Retard

are you joking or are you just that fucking braindead?
I don't know how someone can look at FFXIV's "gameplay" and call it good

You make the overworld trash hit so hard you're forced to group up and the entire game is a slow boring slog. Boom I fixed mmos
Also the forced socialization is somehow far superior to other more natural socialization because I say so for undetermined reasons.

Mmos were never good

>Elwynn Forest vs Thousand Needles

>AAHHHHH I NEED TO TALK TO PEOPLE TO FORM GROUPS TO COMPLETE CONTENT GROUP FINDER SAVE MEEE AHHHHHHH

It's good

>hires taxi from lumbridge to varrock

we go back in time to a pre WoW era when MMOs were actually fun

>AAAAHHHHHHH I CAN'T TALK TO PEOPLE NORMALLY THEY NEED TO BE FORCED TO TALK TO ME OR I CAN'T DO ANYTHING

Nothing, the genre needs an actual population in order to be "massive" which means catering to the lowest common denominator. Which is getting lower and lower as the medium becomes more popular. Also they were never all that good, coming from someone who played RO for years.

Force the entire mmo playerbase to play the same game.

>playing mmos

you didnt quest in 1k needles if you think that. maybe its true post cata with the flooding.

>MMOs then
>target audience is a drawing
>MMOs now
>target audience are cool chimps

Faggot.

I guess it would be to someone with room temperature IQ

I like my games open but I also like to be fully aware of where to go next in the main story so i'll have full knowledge to where to go to progress in the game and what i can do to pass the time/grind for xp.

this method was how i was able to get my character to level 30 in DCU Online while I always get completely lost and tune out with Champions Online.

Make good MMOs.
Ie don't make GW/GW2/WoW/FFXIV/ESO/

>Hits bong
This the FFXIV cope thread?

I miss leveling up my rings in ever quest private server