Why did this VN make weebs absolutely lose their shit in 2004? What did it do so right...

Why did this VN make weebs absolutely lose their shit in 2004? What did it do so right? Or was it just a being at the right place at the right time sort of deal?

Attached: 1652907535863.png (800x600, 869.64K)

Chuuni kino of the highest order also cool historical figures and seeing their ass being plowed

Funny how one scene became the most iconic moment of the VN

Attached: 143.jpg (800x600, 121.85K)

Good (popular) character designs for Japan. They cared about very little else. For the west it was just a series people knew about through cultural osmosis until translations started coming out. Then Fate/Zero came out and split the fambase between people who couldn't be arsed to read the original series of the thing they were a alledegly a fan of, and hipster purists who deified the original for a shallow feeling of superiority.

this

It's just a really weird scene. It doesn't even happen in Rin's route, it comes out of nowhere, has two characters acting really OOC, one of which the game didn't even treat as an object of desire until then, goes off the rails super fast and super hard, then ends up going nowhere after it turns out to be a dream, like it's never even bought up again, not even by the person who gave it to Shirou. Maybe they wanted to set the very sexual themes of the HF route up this way, or felt as if they had to give the players something to keep from being bored, I don't know.

Attached: 1651681937771.png (800x600, 531.68K)

Seems like every other VN is high school slice of life. Other than Muv-Luv, which is almost second to Fate in popularity, there doesn't seem to be that many VNs with action or fantasy. It also has a shared universe.

bump

Attached: __artoria_pendragon_and_saber_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_bloom_0826__ee8de9bce95d50e3d66f2c54f8e806f8.jpg (634x967, 209.25K)

I need to replay it, i remember thinking it was ok but i read without really thinking on themes or any deeper meaning...

Lets not forget that it followed up on Tsukihime

>really thinking on themes or any deeper meaning

The VN practically spoonfeeds them all to you.

Good music, interesting premise, chuuni as fuck fights

Weebs have shit taste, more news at 11.

Attached: 1655022916973.jpg (1734x1722, 768K)

It's Rin. She's like the ideal woman only beat out by Akiha Tohno.

I was 13, I really don't remember much anything besides a rough outline of events, but im sure stuff in HF or something would still fly over my head somewhat.

Were you also the guy who said that he read Tsukihime at 13 and just skipped through the H-scenes because he thought they were boring?

No that one is on the backlog since time immemorial

Cooking is good, purp is worm slut, priest smiles. Pretty cut and dry.

There's surely deeper meaning someparts and you niggers just clown on the game because its popular

Have you read Hollow Ataraxia, too?

Attached: 1628392980487.png (1280x960, 950.92K)

So is this the reason why everyone and their moms say that twintailed bitch girls deserve anal?

Ok, spoon this, your ideal self would likely be a nightmare and trying to be it will only bring you suffering.

Never done

Attached: FateBrainlets.jpg (1453x408, 153.08K)