Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled...

Why was Cult of the Lamb shit?

Attached: Faw8Ul7aIAA1GCE.jpg (1050x1200, 99.93K)

>another user trying to stir shit up cuz his life is so empty, his only joy left are the random dopamine hits he gets from (you)s

You've seen all the game offers in the first hour.

Fuck... there's no need to be that hurtful.

>another tranny already seething at others having fun
lol

post it

No depth

Attached: 79B55190-E31D-4C57-B082-3A9EEAFCC28A.jpg (1024x1012, 76.21K)

Because the dev put his scat fetish on it.

Attached: 1661965536330842m.jpg (1024x625, 54.19K)

yes and?
its called depression bitch
and I have too much social anxiety (Diagnosed by actual Doctor over a 6 hours session. not self diagnosed) to post on websites that are not anonymous

Attached: catto.jpg (1536x2048, 724.99K)

If you like Isaac and management this should keep you content for an afternoon or two, but it's ultimately very shallow and you can see everything it has to offer in one sitting.

Attached: Aaaaand+doppelganger+ps+dmc+3+_4d436653b22837757c030a8ab4926c93.jpg (400x450, 22.38K)

Fairly interesting premise but half-baked execution. Hades was supposed to be baby's first action roguelite and even it had more going on with its gameplay

Is the game still buggy? I refuse to finish it until they fix, well damn near everything that makes me delete my save file again for the nth time.

I don't like the concept.

I heard really good things. They told it was Binding of Isaac with a townsim.

It tries to do two things and both of them are half-baked. Doesn't help the game still had and still has game breaking bugs
Also this

Is the game actually bad? Or overrated? I want to know since I really haven’t followed the hype of the game.

The BLM easter egg was what ruined the game for me. Couldn't get a refund because i already had 2 hours in.

Upgrades poorly thought out and most don't matter. Tarot cards poorly thought out and most don't matter. Systems like cultists having unique traits and relationships with each other are underutilized to the point they may as well not exist. After some time passes cultists stop feeling special at all and just become a nuisance. The framework is there for things to be more interesting, but it kind of feels like the devs stopped giving a shit at some point in development

that would be true but both the town sim and the dungeon crawling are insanely shallow

My grandma always loved this show so I can’t bring myself to hate it. She was actually watching an episode when she died. I was sitting next to her bed and Sheldon said some joke and she started laughing along with the laugh track. Then he said Bazinga and the laughing stopped. She had died. We actually had her gravestone say “RIB” for “Rest In Bazinga.” We thought she’d find it funny.

Attached: 1660995000343060.png (850x799, 488.68K)

you can always request a refund
it's just that after 2 hours it won't be automatic

>scat fetish
What the fuck?

It's a fun game and I want to fuck the lamb.

Attached: 1661011860310461.webm (720x720, 1.59M)

It's just your standard devolver release of something cool that should be 20 times better than it is. It's so aggressively mediocre that it's really hard to recommend to anyone even though I had an alright time with it.

oh. Do they plan on updating it at all? It sounds like a fun concept but if you see most of what the game has to offer in the first dozen hours or so then that's pretty disappointing.

How true is this claim that the dev has a scat fetish?

It's shit because it is partially about shit.

It seems fine. Not a great roguelike. Bad combat. Camera perspective bad. Not for me.

I only lasted 20 minutes.

The combat itself is fine, but I think it should be longer and more rewarding. Needs fixes badly though for everything else.

Well, lots of followers like shit. But I just saw it as another of the many, many things that they do to try to make you not feel bad about all the cruel things you can (and should) do to them. They're all evil, depraved, little bastards.

scat, implied homosexuality and zoophilia
also too simplistic

let me know when there's a mod to seduce your cultists with the lamb slut.

there are poop meals that have like a 10% chance to just kill your cultists, sometimes they ask you to give it to them.

not enough content, developer scat fetish, loses its niche after a few hours. Lamb is cute though

Attached: Lamb2.gif (244x271, 333.26K)

Being short wasn't the issue with the game. It's how everything in the game is just poorly made and thought out. The weapons and spells have crap design and dull upgrade systems. The tarots are very vanilla and uninteresting. Most of the cult upgrades are worthless as many of them are about happiness management but if you take even one upgrade to increase happiness that's all you need to keep it topped off. You don't even feel like a cult leader anyway, but a day care worker for babies. You feed everyone and clean their shit and vomit. That's about it. The interface for fleecing money out of them is clunky and slow and not worth the pittance that you earn from it.

tl;dr it's just a very poorly designed game that feels more like an unfinished alpha with rough ideas that haven't been tested by anyone.

It tried to invade Isaac's niche and failed badly

I enjoyed it. It was a jack of all trades and a master of none, but it's a game that does what it intends and doesn't overstay its welcome. Sometimes the simplicity is appreciated because of how quick you have to move to keep up with the unstoppable march of time. The combat is simple, but enemies are fast and aggressive enough that it still demands that you remain spatially aware at all times, and how easy it is to avoid damage is balanced out by how little health you have, even when upgraded. there are also lots of little things and secrets for the observant player to discover. I completely missed the Wolf stuff until I looked at a guide.

Overall I rate it a solid B. Not GOTY, but still an enjoyable experience with some noticeable flaws. I do think it's a solid foundation, and a sequel or an expac could propel it into A territory.

Lol.
Cat.

Why do discord users have the worst humor possible?

Faster.

People who said that it doesn't do any of it's gameplay mechanics well were right.

It's held back by the developer's uncreative mental model of roguelites. There's a much better game you could make by turning the roguelike part into an open world map where you can slowly expand your cult's influence into any direction you want, and different locations give different bonuses to your cult/base. See pic related for inspiration and imagine that most/all tiles have something on them.

Cultists should be a central part of combat, most of your combat powers should come from the cultists that you bring with you, not from some retarded upgrades. They should have unique abilities that are similar to perks in other roguelikes, and may synergize with each other so you can pick cultists that work well together. They should get tired after a crusade so you have to cycle cultists and get used to them being ephemeral.

Tech upgrades like new buildings should be unlocked by sacrificing cultists, sacrificing should be the primary way to progress through the game.

And base building would be better if cultists were treated more like a horde or a Sim Theme Park -style game rather than people that you need to babysit and manually interact with. Anyone whose faith is low would be sacrificed, you create jobs and give them importance that makes more cultists do it, but you don't tell individual cultists what to do. When you go to your home base, you should sit on a throne and require cultists to do everything, you shouldn't do manual labor yourself.

Attached: map.jpg (441x465, 109.97K)