How long until Tencent or Nintendo buys them?

How long until Tencent or Nintendo buys them?

Attached: PlatinumGames-Acquisition-Talks_02-14-22.jpg (1920x1080, 77.34K)

Nobody wants them because their games do not sell.

then why do they keep getting work

didn't tencent already buy them

They only hold a share of Platinum

I'm pretty they just gave money to Platinum. It wasn't even an investment.

There's no reason to buy the entire company, the only IP they own is W101 and that's completely worthless. It's better to wait until they go under and hire the devs.

Why would Nintendo want them? They have no IPs and probably have like 5 developers who are actually good at their jobs. It makes much more sense for Nintendo to buy Koei Tecmo but I don't think they'll do that either.

Platinum is too hit or miss to be a viable investment for any company. Microsoft could do it because they have the money to not give a shit, but after Scalebound it's doubtful they'll want to work with such a wishy washy team that isn't capable of hitting its milestones in a timely manner.

No.
They only gave them a loan.

>implying
nintendo could just hire like 20% of the staff now if they wanted too. Like they pillaged team sonic.

why bother buying a company that can't make anything on their own

I'm gonna disagree, I could see nintendo buying them.
Nintendo never really bought studios for IP, and Platinum definitely has talent.
While they could hire individuals, they are investing heavily in internal growth and trying to bolster their numbers.
Buying a developer they have already worked with is easier and faster to do in bulk.

And while they are hit and miss, Nintendo is good at tard wrangling, as we have seen in the past.

Or
Wait 5 years for them to inevitably go bankrupt and get all their employees without paying for it.

People still fund them for some reason. You can still make a game if you manage to get the funding.

Microsoft will buy them and Scalebound will finally come out.

does platinum even own any IPs?

Unless they get bought by somebody else, there is always that risk.
One of the reasons Alpha Dreams wasn't saved is that they had enormous debt, which I don't think Platinum has.

But no way nintendo would go into a bidding war for them

Nintendo is the only publisher who appreciates the games they make regardless of how well they sell. I don't think Nintendo will ever buy them, but they would probably effectively make then second party if worst came to worst for them.

Nintendo had no incentive to save AlphaDream, debt or not. The only games they made for Nintendo was Mario & Luigi and the series was on a downward trend in sales since BIS anyway.

>Why would Nintendo want them?
they're one of their most consistent third party partners, they've made 5 games co developed with them and they're filling a niche (pure action/hack n slash/beat em up games) nintendo traditionally aren't known for which adds value to their catalog of exclusivities

I don't think they'll buy them though unless someone else like tencent threatens to do so

tencent bought them in jan 2020 mate....