Which side of the Souls/Elden Ring hardswap debate are you on user?

Which side of the Souls/Elden Ring hardswap debate are you on user?

>"Hardswapping raises the skill ceiling of the ACTION side of the game, so its good!"
or
>"Hardswapping is autistic "gameplay" and ruins the RPG side of the game, so it's bad!"
both are true

Attached: 278658364.webm (854x480, 2.93M)

i dont care

It devalue vitality as a stat. You are supposed to use your 6 slots and sacrifice big armor if you want more offense option. Or equip rings like Havel's to compensate. The need to add a delay when changing equipment.

Why not just go in the other direction and conclude that people aren't particularly interested in using the system of having weight on secondary and tertiary equipped armaments and just ditch that ?

Fromsoft doesn't bother all that much with realism regarding equipment anyways considering your character is pulling those items from his ass in both cases already

I'm on the "souls pvp is a waste of time" side

by vitality do you just mean carry weight? In ER, they moved it to endurance instead of being its own stat like in DaS3

Its fucking retarded, also nobody cares about a dead game

I don't care enough to use it but I'm fine with people using it, it's their choice. As long as game isn't balanced around that so I get gimped by devs because of some PvP fags I'm alright with them using these kind of tricks.

>conclude that people aren't particularly interested in using the system of having weight on secondary and tertiary equipped armaments and just ditch that ?
because this isn't true and .1% of pvp fags dont speak for everyone. With DeS, DS1, and DS2 carry weight was hugely important and diversified build variety and playstyles. This is basically absent in 3 and the game is more shallow and worse for it.

I think if you're autistic enough to practice hardswapping in dark souls games you essentially admit you're too much of a bitch to play real fighting games and want to dedicate time to beating up kids in the kiddie pool

>des/ds1
endurance is too fucking powerful and everyone knows it. it's only not a requirement if you're using magic which retardedly takes no stamina making it also insanely OP
In both games unless you're a mage you want 30+ END making it less of diverse build maker and more of a requirement unless you want to purposefully gimp yourself.

>ds3
yet everyone good at the pvp knows you need like 25 vit minimum in ds3. some people go up to 40.
>pvp don't matter!
well you can beat all the games with anything so I'd argue it's the only time it matters.

It reduces build variety, you don't have to prepare for encounters because you can just swap to anything that fits every situation.
The game has 6 weapon slots, what's the point of that if it's optimal to only use 2?
Hardswaps could still be in the game but they should be nerfed with a cooldown or animation that reduces its potential applications. Wanna hardswap? Run away and make a window to do it. Problem solved.

>build variety build variety
>build variety
what a made up meme.

>endurance is too fucking powerful
Yeah that's why vitality was added. That's a good thing.

What a retard take. You don't have an action-rpg if you don't have builds. You're better off playing Bayonetta.

it's gay and autistic

the way I see it I have no issue with it for PvE, but equipment should be locked in when participating in PvP because you simply cannot predict what someone can hardswap to and there is no downside to doing so unlike having the weapon you're hard swapping to equipped in a different weapon slot.

3 fags substitute actual action games with DS3. They don't know any better.

okay but it's still a made up meme. your weapon choice has more influence over your gameplay than all your stats.

Why? If you were forced to stick with a one of weapons/armor for the duration of the fight it would be a build. As it is now you can just swap to whatever the situation calls for, one of the 50 weapons in your inventory. I bet around 95% of players can't even do it consistently in a fight so it creates a huge gap between players. PvP is supposed to be a fun distraction, not the main course people obviously want it gone.

PCLard autism

hey user what dictates what weapons you can use

Didn't dark souls 2 lock your loadouts?

no

Ok. And if your weapon is heavy or light that's going to influence points you put into vitality to get your weight down. It will influence if you wear heavier or lighter armor. If the weapon has low or high requirements that's going to influence the points you put into your build.

I think it's fine, it's not something you NEED to master to beat the game but it's a pretty cool little mechanic to git gudder

Hardswapping is autistic "gameplay" and ruins the ACTION side of the game, so you should kill you're self

Attached: Softswap.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

Your weapon is an important part of your build. That's why hardswapping is arguably bad because you can swap to entire inventory of weapons in 0.1 seconds, essentially changing the most important aspect of your build to deal with any situation.

When you can do that, you're not really a build at all. You didn't have to make a choice, you didn't have to deal with the negatives & benefits of said choice like you do in traditional RPGs..

Attached: 1651820674654.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

Hey I remember you, you're pretty based.
How was elden ring?

I get the feeling on PC you can use controller scripts to make it much easier than it seems, at that point the raising the skill ceiling argument doesn't hold water.

nah its legit just being fast with the controller from autistically doing it over and over

don't people on PC use their mouse for the quickswaps? or is that a speedrun only thing

You can do it though and I bet a lot of people do, I've met plenty of players that are really awful at the game but they swap like the best of them. Some even glitch their movesets in DS3 with the press of a button.

Nobody stops you from accessing your menu to leisurely change your weapon during a window of opportunity either, if your opponent is giving you the time. If you can take advantage of different weapon types and choose the one that can help you in a situation, it's not unfair advantage, it's you being smart and good at the game.