Linux gaming RULES

linux gaming RULES

Attached: TuxWhiteBig.jpg (1024x768, 31.67K)

Emulation is illegal.

Attached: swine.png (1600x900, 448.03K)

>10 years
>millions of dollars wasted
>still can't even surpass the hipster market share, despite the fact that its main company has hated gaming and worked towards their disappearance in their machines for more than 20 years
LOL, LMAO. Pathetic. Why is Valve so shit at promoting Loonix?

yes

Attached: 1658426527575.jpg (1024x1024, 63.57K)

Tim Epic secretly loves Linux now, but Tencent will not allow him to admit that publicly

Linux will never be a mainstream OS until anti-monopoly laws are finally made to stop Windows shipping by default with every piece of hardware.

Why would a Chinese company give a shit if people use something else other than a OS made by an American company?

>what is macOS (which Linux and Steam haven't been able to beat yet despites all the efforts of Apple to destroy gaming and Valve's to improve Loonix's experience)
>what is System76
>what is Android
>what is iPhone
>what is the Steam Deck
Maybe you should stop coping.

because they would lose rootkit installbase

>more and more new AAA releases are running better on linux than windows on release
OH NO PAJEETBROS WHAT DO WE DO?

Attached: 1662060495662.png (1080x385, 38.62K)

Difficult to censor something that's free and open by design.

>get the better experience
>filters the subhuman brainlets

>using articles from eight months ago

Someone help me I'm completely fucking retarded. Trying to install linux and I hit a snag right at the start.

I downloaded the ISO, as well as balena etcher to write it to a USB, I have a SanDisk cruzer glide, and when I went to write the iso using balena at the end when I get to the formatting it says "disk is write protected" and now it's bricked, I can't open it because it says it needs to be formatted but it can't be formatted because it's write protected, I used the command prompt to remove the read only and it's status is listed as unusable. How to I fix this?

Based and true
Linuxfags BTFO

I couldn't get some new unreal engine 4 indie game to run with the latest version of proton. I get that linux has some games that run better than the native windows versions of that same game...but let's be honest here. It's really a coin flip as to whether the game you want to play will work or not. Protondb is a good website to see whether a game will work properly and they're right most of the time.

Attached: halfiecat.png (576x324, 123.57K)

user, if you don't say that Proton runs literally every non-AC game better than Windows, you HAVE to be a Microsoft shill.

>on release
sales beyond week 1 don't matter for single player games
if a game runs like dogshit on release week you already shot yourself in the foot

You're right. I love micrococks in my mouth.

Attached: linus.jpg (680x680, 51.36K)

Why do games run better on Linux anyway, is it that Windows is just that bloated with spyware, adware and telemetry or is directx outclassed by vulkan?

lol you might want to think about the implications of what you are proposing
you think this old article got outdated?
you think newer articles will show opposite results?
lmao start rubbing some brain cells together

Both. If the game has a native Vulkan or OpenGL backend there's no contest, it will always run faster on Linux. DirectX can vary.

yes

Who still has a TF2 tux?

Assuming you're currently on a Windows machine? Use diskpart (command line) or diskmgr (GUI) to delete whatever partitions are currently on the drive. Then delete Balena Etcher because it's shit and use Rufus to write your ISO instead.

>balena
Try again with rufus

fuck etcher and rufus. use ventoy and NEVER think about this shit again.

as for the write protection, who knows.

nvidia isn't having any issues, lol

I used to spy main with cloak and dagger and that top hat. Fun times.

quoted everyone but the main user

well I dunno
is it really?

Attached: 16 percent wont werk well.png (480x586, 71.35K)

I have a suspicion he's trying to install Nobara because GE recommends Balena on his website, which does not launch the installer properly on Ventoy for whatever reason

>still
it's not like I can trade it or sell it

Man rockstar really shit the bed with vice city didn't they? I still can't believe they never fixed the games physics being tied to the framerate.

>illegal
It's illegal to carry spoon in UK.
Also ---> wine/proton isn't emulation.

Unplug it, replug, use diskpart to wipe it completely and try again.

Don't take the bait.

Yes windows 10
I tried deleting the partitions, there are 2 of them and tried deleting them both separately but both said

>cannot delete a protected partition without the force protected parameter set

No I'm trying to install linux mint I was following the steps on the first youtube video I found.

What even is proton. I love that it works as well as it does but...how?

Tried and I got this
>cannot delete a protected partition without the force protected parameter set

Then set the force parameter.

It's Wine with Valve patches.