Mafia II

So, I really enjoyed the Mafia 1 remake, and I felt like replaying both 1 and 2, but I see a lot of negative reviews of 2's remake. Is it really that bad? Should I just replay the classic version? They come bundled together, so I could go for either.

Attached: Diesel_productv2_mafia-ii-definitive-edition_home_EGS_MafiaIIDefinitiveEdition_RedKiteGames_S2-1200x1600-4cbc94d86b3b82ef8a532fa96a2f28145dae0713-1200x1600-f2cdf5d42079674921f4a36e0254e088.jpg (1200x1600, 288.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Mafia:_Definitive_Edition
youtu.be/RPGQuaD6ggs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just like pretty much 99% of all remakes some things got improved, a lot of things got broken or removed due to incompetence.
Original is ALWAYS better.
ALWAYS with big letters.

I don't know man, I think Mafia 1's remake is better in just about every way. I'll agree you're right about the vast majority, though.

AoE2 is an exception

2 is not really a remake, it's a remaster where they botched a whole lot of existing stuff like the clothing physics. Also some music got cut out due to licensing.

I still have "IF THE CHINAMAN DON'T COME BACK I THINK I'LL DI-IIIEEEE" burned into my memory. Time to go listen to it again.

>Mafia 1's remake is better in just about every way
>butchered ending into some dumb dominic torreto "muh family" speech
sure is

I mean, it's not any worse than the zany zeppelin hijinks shit from the original. And this is coming from someone that played it on launch and lost a keyboard to the race mission.

>lost a keyboard to the race mission
They still haven't fixed those haystack physics yet? I tried just staying on the pavement, but then get bumped off by the other racers, you literally have to be ahead of them just to stay safe.

It's not a remake, only remaster

If you mean the DE, it's way easier. Even on "classic" mode, as long as you cut through the grass spots you're golden. I meant the original game back in 2002.

>get mafia 1 remake
>open garage
>because I got mafia 3 on steep discount I now have the '69 charger looking car as a vehicle
>what
why

It's still a good game with a nice atmosphere and interesting story but the cut content is felt everywhere.

I'm honestly surprised there's not a comprehensive cut content resto mod yet. Like, M2DE gives you both versions, it should be easy to port it all into the remaster.

There's also numerous anachronistic weapons too: imfdb.org/wiki/Mafia:_Definitive_Edition
On a related note, there was also a cut snubnose revolver in the original that was too modern, and even a Toyota RSC (though that was likely in as a joke)

Attached: toyota.jpg (620x465, 69.59K)

based

Based on what?

The shooting and the driving are shit, the story is shit, the end is most definitely shit. The only good part of the game is Joe's (your best friend's) dialogue.

youtu.be/RPGQuaD6ggs

It's not a remake, it's a remaster. Basically the original game with tiny changes.

story pretty much copied goodfellas