Outer Wilds

What the hell am I supposed to play now? I haven’t played a game this good in like 10 fucking years

Attached: EA12776F-E9AE-4500-867F-E930030F2888.jpg (2048x2048, 629.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1KMhDp9v2_1bTdLmjr4__m4N5ATnqqK0P/view?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the dlc

Pathologic 2, then Classic HD.

The Bachelor DLC for 2 was announced recently as well.
>"Will it make me cry like outer wilds?"
No, it's a spiritual journey and it makes you question what's literal and metaphorical
>Do I need to play Pathologic 1 first?
No, Pathologic 2 is a remake of the first.

Attached: Clever Clogs.png (1000x1000, 1.89M)

FPBP
Also, Return of the Obra Dinn, the Witness, Subnautica, Myst/Riven, Oneshot, and Rain World are the common recommendations at capturing various things that make OW good.
But there's nothing quite like it.

Attached: 1661450809015353.gif (500x281, 620.72K)

There is combat, but it is almost entirely unnecessary
On the hardest difficulty, it can be incredibly easy if you learn the trade economy early. Remember to exploit children's items for money.
Also, try "The Void" by the same company.

Attached: pathologic rat.png (1200x688, 554.74K)

Northern Journey, not the same kind of game at all but that feeling of not having played a game like this in a decade is definitely there.

After Echoes of the Eye gaming was never the same for me. I played fewer and fewer games and now I barely play them at all. I'm slipping into another life - I'm no longer the fat nerd that I used to be. Less time gaming means more time in the gym, and other things.

It's weird looking back. I always knew that Outer Wilds was an achievement but only in hindsight can I see how much of an inflection point it was for me. Afterwards no other game could give me the same but I couldn't be satisfied with less. Eventually I guess I stopped looking.

It'd be silly to attribute everything only to Outer Wilds, obviously.

Still, it annoys me to see what gaming could be but isn't.

Here's the DLC music BTW
drive.google.com/file/d/1KMhDp9v2_1bTdLmjr4__m4N5ATnqqK0P/view?usp=drivesdk

Attached: ash.png (373x466, 194.48K)

I'm playing Northern Journey. It's a lot of fun playing a good game by a single person who obviously just puts whatever the hell he wants in the game. I like the unpredictability

Nice I've been waiting for an Outer Wilds thread to ask something. This is pure, heavy story spoilers so don't look if you haven't played yet, but:
Why are we the ones to pair with a Nomai statue? They were supposed to activate when the ash twin project succeeds, so does that mean that we just happened to be next to it the second a probe had found the Eye? But I was convinced that Gabbro had found and paired with a statue even before that, since why would Hal tell you they tried to get this one's eyes to open if they didn't know this was a thing that happened?

Nice, thanks

I too watch RTGame

Yup, it was pure luck. The next person to pass by was going to get paired. Gabbro was paired at the same moment because he was investigating the workshop. I imagine Hal talked about getting the eyes to open because we see destroyed statues littered around, some with open yes

I STARTED with the DLC.

Little nightmares 1 & 2 and the Witness scratched that itch for me.

Attached: 1661976215550.gif (106x161, 28.64K)

>so does that mean that we just happened to be next to it the second a probe had found the Eye?
Yep! You were in the right place at the right time.
>why would Hal tell you they tried to get this one's eyes to open if they didn't know this was a thing that happened?
Not entirely sure - I assume because some of the ones they found had open eyes already, as the other user said.

How can I optimize my loops? It feels like I'm just too slow to get to some of the earliest available areas.

Pathologic 2 made me cry when I wasted my whole day gathering and exhausting my entire supply of everything in order to save the lives of Greif and Ravel and they both died anyway

it's decent but i dont really get the hype on here..i just put it along with the other well made indie games like undertale and rain world and such

>have a toaster from 2010
>had to turn off all the graphics, but it runs well
I am honestly surprised. New 3D games just don't be like that anymore.

Just go to them first? The game is not that extreme timing wise

You're not going up to the museum each time, right? You have the launch code right away after the first loop.