Stardew Valley vs Story of Seasons

I'm looking for a comfy farm game and can't decide between the two. If Story of Seasons, it would be Friends of Mineral Town on Switch. I'll list my pros and cons of each.

Stardew Valley
>+ Graphics and gameplay appeal to me more, those are important
>+ Seems incredibly popular and fun, people log hundreds of hours into
>- It looks really brown from what I've seen, like it takes place in a desert or something, I wanted a more comfy forest vibe.

SoS FoMT
>+ Apparently the characters are way more interesting
>+ Pacing is a bit more relaxed. I've heard there's always too much to do in Stardew.
>- Graphics look really bad. I hate the overly chibi look but maybe it'll grow on me.

Any advice?

Attached: starstory.png (560x325, 325.71K)

For me? It's the one with Jas!

Attached: 1432534657.jpg (290x291, 31.02K)

Every time. That's great but some non-meme answers would be nice.

You've made a grave mistake making this thread, OP.

I'm hyped.

You'd be fine with either-or, honestly.
Stardew Valley does ultimately have more content, however. And there's mods to change the desert feeling of the ground, and just about everything else, really.

The grave mistake would be stardew vs rune factory.

Story of Seasons is trash, and just poorly puppeteering the corpse of a long dead series.

My Time in Portia

Sad to say but SoS FoMT was shit. You'll have a better time with Stardew, OP. Just grab a decent portrait pack to replace the default tumblr portraits.

Stardew Valley has mods for replayability.

How was it shit? Isn’t it basically the same game from the GBA version but with worse graphics? Also I’ll be playing on Switch so no mode.

They removed the rival system.

Hijacking this thread:
I need something soft and comfy, what do you recommend besides the mega popular HM/SV/RF/Portia?
I'm looking at:
Sun Haven, Apico, Pixelshire, Dinkum, Drago Noka, Little Witch in the Woods
Other games I've played that aren't quite farm/village simulator that would fit the purpose (but of this list are mostly bad)
Graveyard Keeper, Spirit of the Island, Littlewood, Serin Fate, Kitaria Fables

I'm looking for the stuff that isn't super popular.

I found the gameplay to be incredibly dull. And yeah, the graphics didn't help. The graphics reminded me of some shitty freemium phone game which irked me a bit. I wasn't big on the character designs either. Just looking at the original art, I find the characters far more cute and charming than their Switch counterparts.

if you want a real answer, you can't beat Stardew Valley. If you want the forest vibe, start with the Forest/Woodlands Farm when you start a new game.

Dinkum is alright if you can get over the hideous visuals. I will say though that at least when it comes to this sort of genre, there's a reason these a lot of them aren't very popular.

>- It looks really brown from what I've seen
you wot?

while i like mtap it's not a farming game

Attached: 1648507479204.png (128x128, 1.66K)

Stardew Valley lets you experience pic related.

Attached: sv harem wip.png (3519x853, 162.3K)

Farmer Sneed really is a cunnybro.

sos fomt has better graphics then stardew
less to do overall
extreme grinding
i quit once i found out i had to keep giving gifts to keep any kind of friendships up or they degrade
thats less relaxing and more DO THIS OR SPEND MORE TIME PLAYING FOR NO REWARD

im getting life in willow dale farm adventures and hokko life later this month, hoping they are decent

also i hope the sequel to my time a portia(whenever its done) gets a physical release, i had to cheat to plat it since it has too much timegating

The classic harvest moon games have soul, better festivals and better towns and atmosphere due to the shinto/spiritual aspects they put into the game. Stardew valley has crafting and more customization but you can tell it was made by a secular soi boy libtard

stardew is better its just a shame everytime its get mentioned in /v the pedos show up