How did he become so popular?

How did he become so popular?

Attached: spamton.png (248x342, 30.68K)

mentally ill manchildren

hes funny

every chapter has some dumb bullshit that faggots fucking latch on to and become absolutely insufferable about, the more the character interacts with gaster the higher the chance is

men who think they are women trying to recreate the feeling of their childhood and grasping any anything and everything to let people know they're quirky and never grew up

he's just a silly little guy

I imagine it's because he's a big shot

He wants to be free just like me

Stupid puppet will never be free!

He's literally just Toby's self insert of imposter syndrome

He's just like me, schizophrenic

who will it be in ch.3 i wonder

popular with few hundred terminally online faggots who spam it everywhere. Its same thing with many other fads

The flowers in the trash but maybe I shouldn't overthink the repeating theme of "discarded thing=the new schizo boss" as the official narrative

I think Toby will make sure to surprise you thats for sure, Jevil was just some off screen boss that you can easily miss and not get punished for but Spamton forced himself into your attention. For all we know the next schizo could be harmless but fuse with the main boss actually becoming a real threat. Or maybe a normal character that you make crazy.

Miles more in-depth than Jevil ever was, among other things.
>Not entirely reserved as a secret boss and little else.
>Is fought as a miniboss on the main path, you learn some stuff about him off the get-go from the partially obscured advertisement east of his dumpster.
>Alluded to by Sweet Cap'n Cakes, a Werewire NPC, and eventually the Addisons and a Swatchling.
>Brought about theorycrafting on who "Mike" is, mentioning him directly instead of Jevil alluding to Queen in poetic jargon.
>Actually creepy, from the Basement's "theme" to the presence of Spamton NEO.
>Finally gave us the proper Mettaton NEO fight we were cucked out of.
>Reintroduced the yellow SOUL mechanic, turning the game from Touhou into R-Type.
>Has a more fleshed out history before Gaster "enlightened" him.
>Snowgrave route puts him in the limelight even more with him selling you the Thorn Ring, taking over Queen's mansion, and replacing Queen as the final chapter boss.
>The whole "Villain sees you as an even greater threat, and realizes you must be stopped" scenario is kino on its own.
>NOWS YOUR CHANCE TO BE A [[BIG SHOT]]!!!!!!!!!!!

A party member.

What if Ralsei is not represented by Kris's red horns and they actually represent the Chapter 3 Schizo?
>Next schizo is represented by Kris's missing horns, forming a mirror image of young Kris (as Ralsei is to young Asriel).
>Declares himself Ralsei's brother and pulls lethal "pranks" on the trio before fighting him.
>Essentially, he is to Ralsei as Spamton NEO was to Kris; with his definition of "freedom," he tries to enlighten Ralsei on the true nature of Darkners and Dark Worlds, their role as inanimate objects given life and the purpose to serve the Lightners.
>On Snowgrave, he faces Kris alone, scared from realizing what he did in Cyber City, confused on why he did it, and saddened at what his older self has become. Kris fighting his own younger self on Snowgrave basically symbolizing his loss of humanity and innocence, but also, in a way, represents Kris's resistance to your control over him.

Peak creativity honestly.
>make a character based on internet spambots, whose appearance is that of a ventriloquist dummy modelled after a salesmen, because bots are basically puppets and spambots are basically tacky salesmen, but also make him a nod to 90s era internet with a backstory that fits, but also make him glitchy and make references to deep web and use that to tie into a darker aspect of his character, which him a [unique way of talking] that fits with multiple references and gags and tie all that around a catchphrase that will prove to be extremely catchy thanks to its use in the multiple music tracks that he gets over the course of his chapter, which in turn also have some incredibly catchy tunes

Compared him to Jevil who was basically just "what if the joker playing card was a dimentio-clone".

He's a likeable character with an arc that's easy to understand.
Who hasn't wanted to be free to carve their own path? Who hasn't failed at something? Who hasn't killed several children in order to ingest their soul energy?
That and of course, everyone loves an anti-hero, he's sleazy, he's dirty, he's flawed, selfish, clearly damaged, but he's got just enough greasy charm and humanity about him that you understand there's something there that gives him more worth than being consigned to the garbage cans of the world.
That and a really good song.

Attached: 1632257276878.png (910x1670, 308.17K)

I still can't get over the fact that during the Spade King fight you can literally see your soul turn orange for one split second when you use [bravery] . And then it turns yellow with Spamton

ITS SEPTEMBER TIME TIME, LADIES! YOU KNOW WHAT MEANS?? its time for deltarune predictions.
muh prediction is toby just says fuck it and chapter 3 releases this year or something

Attached: 1647055187898.png (550x550, 241.34K)

Nah, the anniversary will be for toys and other merch shit, the release of chapters 3-5 will be next year instead.

funny

I wished Jevil got more detail and attention like Spamton did but I understand Toby was working on his own then on chapter 1. He did said he might re-tool chapter 1 a bit to be more fleshed out level wise but I don't know if he'll bother now since he said that right at it's release before working on chapter 2. I wouldn't mind if he didn't at all but honestly aside from Jevil, the great chess board and Card Castle could've been better.

?

I'm only hoping he'll drop a couple short clips of official music and more shit scribbles. That will keep me calm for another 9 months.

When your talk turns into COURAGE and when you use it next turn, the party and soul turn orange briefly. This so far is the only moment that this happens.

Attached: Screenshot_20220901-124645.png (2048x1175, 932.28K)

because he has [HeartShapedObject]

Attached: [Heaven].png (2048x1536, 863.05K)

It's funny people thought he wanted to go to the light world to obtain freedom when he just wanted to regain control of his own life in the dark world