Monkey Island

Expectations? Concerns?
inb4 artstyle

Attached: moneky.jpg (1080x1080, 204.45K)

it's proof a game can be "too ugly" no matter what.

Escape and curse are uglier

I'll pirate it if people say the story is good and it's a worthwhile ending to the franchise. But I'll never pay for it.

I want to suck that nose so fucking bad you have no idea

>inb4 artstyle
But that is my number one concern.

>Concerns
Many. Just look at it ffs

Fair, its worth playing and talking about

third entry had the best art

See

The horse armor joke made me lose all faith in this game.

>Worth playing and talking about
I respectfully disagree. I'd rather the series stayed dead than be remembered for this hideous shit.

NOW LOOK AT THEM YOYOS THAT'S THE WAY YOU DO IT

>Expectations?
It'll be shit.
>Concerns?
It'll be shit.

I don't really have any "expectations" whatsoever, mentally I've essentially just written it off in totality already because it's clear Gilbert has learned nothing from the past twelve years.
That said, there's one exception not really related to the game itself as a product: I expect that someone is already preparing to rip the game's voice lines and make a full recreation of the game with more standard art as a cheap unity project, purely to get a reaction out of Twitter.

Like escape and tales was any better, atleast we have the original creator coming back
Wrong
Fair that was pretty bad

Thorough disappointment like Thimbleweed Park. 3 hours to beat, obvious puzzles, few red herrings or completely obvious red herrings with no funny interactions. Ends on a cliffhanger or completely dissatisfying ending.

Thimbleweed park was 'fun'

Curse still looks fantastic and Escape can be forgiven for being early 3D
Eat shit corporate art apologist

Found the post Gilbert apologist, they're shit games get over it

>atleast we have the original creator coming back
Why would you even say this as if it were a good thing, his original blog post made it clear the project was only conceived because he's a spiteful old man who can't let go of workplace grudges, and of his credits in the intervening years Tales stands out as one of the LESS shitty ones.

Attached: file.png (460x215, 256.92K)

So it's not really fun?

recently replayed Curse and I gotta say if this upcoming game is half as good i could care less about the graphics
that said, the story and genre feels anachronistic and will probably be butchered by a modern studio, creating a soulless mess

Curse is easily the best in the series if you take off the nostalgia goggles for the first two games
Escape was bad sure but this looks much worse

For real. Being THAT out of touch, this game's writing has no hope.

>and will probably be butchered by a modern studio, creating a soulless mess

Please don't happen

He specifically doesn't like Curse so prepare yourself for disappointment.

if I liked monkey Island I would have payed them before this.

Penis nose

>praises the best looking MI game
>i could care less about the graphics

All curse did was try and insult the ending of 2, none of the humor lands, the puzzle are hit and miss. Its ok to play old games zoomer

He's still including Murray for some reason

Thats the worst part