BOTW isn't a bad game but it's a bad TLOZ game

BOTW isn't a bad game but it's a bad TLOZ game.

Attached: 1640776310017.png (649x438, 180.79K)

It's casualized Ubisoft shit

It's a great game and the only good 3D Zelda game. Zelda games are about exploring and using your tools to interact with the world and solve puzzles while fighting enemies, not going through linearly gated dungeons locked with an item you get in that dungeon.

What a terrible opinion

Attached: Breath otw.jpg (700x913, 78.73K)

It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Considering the disastrous failure of the wiiU, it was a decent swan song

Attached: 12316515615448.jpg (677x937, 157.78K)

is just the opposite, idiot.

>It's a great game
Correct
>and the only good 3D Zelda game.
Wrong

Eh, my beef with BotW is that it absolutely fucked interior exploration in order to jack off to the overworld. Moving on from old lock-and-key style dungeons is fine but would it kill them to look at TP's lantern caves and say "hold my beer"? It's not like they don't get it either, Hyrule Castle absolutely fucking nails it. Now do that but all over the world and I'll give a shit.

If they fix this problem in botw I will forgive them

It wasn't so bad for me because I never cared for interior exploration in 3D Zeldas, and in BotW I only did the castle at the very end. Then after doing it I realized I definitely wanted more of that because they showed that they could improve interior exploration as much as they'd improved overworld exploration. I'm sure 2 will have more like underground caves and whatnot.

Seeing Akkala Citadel from a distance only to find out it was a setpiece for a tower killed my excitement so hard it never recovered

I don't know why people don't remember that one of the stated goals of aonuma and his team for botw was to rethink the conventions of the series which explains why they threw away certain things (the focus on the overworld is something they already tried to do with skyward sword)

it doesn't mean that they won't go back to more interior exploration in the future (in fact the whole stone phasing mechanic we've seen in botw2 pretty much confirms they will) but making the game essentially take place in the overworld only was a bold move and gave botw a unique identity

They had to rush out a multiplat but didn't want to waste all their effort. It's a bad TLOZ because there wasn't time to add TLOZ elements for a filler game.

It wasn't really a bold move, it was a strategy to conserve effort.

>a strategy to conserve effort
you're an idiot

It's a very relaxing game and I played it for 300 hours and basically accomplished nothing before someone accidentally deleted my save. I'd say I got my money's worth.

>build a custom physics engine
>make a world with more area than any previous Zelda game's world plus dungeons times 5
>map it all as climbable and then have to test every surface and physics interaction
>conserve effort
The problem with BotW threads is that people who genuinely know less than nothing about games convince themselves that the lack of cookie cutter dungeons means the entire game was magically auto-generated by pushing the "make a Ubisoft game" button.

Attached: 1515233331613.jpg (700x913, 130.55K)

Two threads today. The game that broke Any Forums forever

>>build a custom physics engine
IIRC it's just modified Havok

Came here for this.

Attached: 1455509983502.png (307x395, 201.31K)