Why pokémon is so much popular than digimon? what went so wrong??

why pokémon is so much popular than digimon? what went so wrong??

Attached: oof.png (738x982, 776.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SISNc1VlirM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pokemon was on the gameboy and Digimon was on the PS1

It got around first, and digimon was made specifically targeting boys as a counterpart to tamagochi so, as a default it has less general appeal.

Attached: 286E7224-7780-489D-A1A8-21407D9F99F2.jpg (600x515, 22.6K)

Because Bamco treats digimon like shit.
>Game with dogshit translation and misleading marketing sells bad
Imagine my shock.

Digimon is lame as fuck and always has been

i'm only surprised how digimon is still a thing

>Not Digimon World sells poorly
gee I wonder why

Haven't you heard? Digimon is all about fitbands and trading cards now, so is fine for the games to sell like shit.

did survive flop?

Digimon Survive is a bad game, that's all

Honestly it's unironically because of digimon fans. Their products on average are much lower quality and far more inconsistent than pokemon yet will base every argument or counter point on "but pokemon" digimon fags have a lot in common with sonic mutts, and now the parallel is steam deck faggots

Well why isn't Digimon selling on PS5? Japanese console and has more power, I'm sure old Digimon/Playstation fans would buy it

>Bad digimon game sells poorly
>Bad pokemon game sells millions
The real question is what could gamefreak even do to break consumer trust? Seriously what could they do to stop people from buying their games? We're at the point where they could release a game with unshaded textures and autoresolve combat and it would still probably sell millions so long as it had the pokemon name attached.

Befriending creatures with mostly pet level sapience is simply a safer and more appealing option

>It's another "Any Forums refugee flails around at other franchises to make themselves feel better about the absolute state of Pokemon" thread

Attached: 8B8E944F-38C7-4D64-A218-94C3D7228E19.jpg (1022x731, 68.06K)

As far as the first two gens go, the designs were simple yet appealing to all ages (rather than just dweebs, edgy kids and coomers), the gameplay was easy to understand and the devs had an actual idea of what they wanted to do with their mainline games.
After the 4th to 5th Gen Pokemon had become honestly way too big to ever kill, regardless of how bad the 3D games would get.

Maybe they should make a GOOD diginiggers game.

even the worst digimon games are better than the best pokemon games

Because as awful as Pokemon games are, Digimon Survive was somehow worse.

It didn't fail completely but it sold pretty poorly considering how much time they spent on it.
Boggles the mind that they delayed it 50 times, but couldn't be bothered to shill out for a translation job that wasn't complete AIDS.

No one in Japan has considered Playstation Japanese for a while except the equivalent of contrarians on Any Forums such as yourself

Digimons are ugly.

Digimon never once focused on a Catch 'em All! aspect. That's pretty much it.

Which applies to like 90% of digimon games.

You seem to think that both games are bad for the same reason. Digimon games are are known for having criptic, tedious or grindy game mechanics that are just there to pad a game that would be over in just a few hours long and all just to keep the stupid virtual pet mechanic. When it comes to pokemon the complains are always graphics or that its too easy, none of which make the game a tedioum to play.

Pokemon got lucky, I think it's because they did shitty practices before they got mainstream such as purposely selling two versions of the same game each with half the content and also releasing a definitive version afterwards. They made it so you had to talk to talk with other kids on the playground to trade pokemon with unless you bought 2 copies and traded with yourself.

The Pokemon anime adaptation also did extremely well in the 90's when anime became mainstream for a time along with Sailor Moon, etc. The anime did so well that it eclipsed the games too for a while, I'd tell my family that Pokemon came from these old GBA games and they'd be like "WTF I thought it was a show first! (maybe Pokemon Yellow confused people because that game was based off of the anime adaptation)".

People had no idea that it was just one random guy drawing all the pokemon and also one knob called Nob who did all the pokemon translations who just half-assed everything as he went along with the exception of the few important pokemon the creator wanted to have the same Japanese name everywhere like Pikachu.

At least Digimon got edgy - watch children and their pet digimons die horrifically in their latest game.

youtube.com/watch?v=SISNc1VlirM

Maybe this is bad take. I like my monster games to be a bit of pet sim. I find it creepy enough already when the final form of some pokemon become too humanoid. I don't want a pet that looks like person and has the same human intelligence as one.

I'm not a contrarian?
I just keep hearing how Playstation is still Japanese from the Sony fans, and I thought they knew the best.

You post as if that applies to more than 2 digimon games.

>It's another "autist seething about Pokemon flails about and thinks Any Forums doesn't also seethe about Pokemon" episode

The core formula is fun so I play them. Reminder this board was filled with threads of
>oh no no no time freezes when you're on a ladder Gameflop is finished
When Swsh leaked

People will stop playing Pokemon games when they're not fun. For example Mystery Dungeon, Conquest, and Colosseum games all sell like shit because they're not fun. So obviously it's not just "brand loyalty"

Attached: 1542674494406.jpg (559x413, 150.41K)

The answer is make it hard. If pokemon required you to do anything other than mash stabs from start to finish it would immediately flop. For all of Cyber Sleuth's faults it does have multiple boss fights that require you to strategize. It does require you to put more than 2 braincells into evolving the mon you want.
>Play Monster Sanctuary expecting indie pixel shit
>Its actually a really solid turn based strategy and a half decent exploration game
>Check reviews
>Hundreds of seething pokeniggers crying over how they have to use literally any buffs/debuffs.