General tf2 thread

Fuck Tyler McVicker

>play sniper
>playing defense on payload
>shut down cart and blu is scared to touch it
>shut down any push until around three minutes on the clock
>blu sniper comes in to counter me, but by the time he starts picking me out it's too late
>win the game with blu taking only the first point
What's the best and most reasonable way to nerf sniper without making him useless but still be a powerful character without being able to absolutely shut down a point

Attached: latest.png (971x971, 415.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehlrUPrvFuk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is TF2 worth getting into if you've never played it before and don't really play multiplayer games?

By not playing games made by known scammers who commit false advertising and fraud at all.

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

Snipers as a concept are antithetical to good game design. The only way to "balance" him is to outright remove him but that's never happening so it's a moot point.
There is no way to make getting instantly oneshotted from across the map feel fair.

>The only way to "balance" him is to outright remove him
youtube.com/watch?v=ehlrUPrvFuk

>turning every match into a laser light show just to make one class slightly less unbearable
horrible idea

I'd say yes because it's a good game in general, but if you don't like multiplayer games then probably not
I agree to an extent, but the main reason sniper is only countered by sniper is the fact he doesn't have to charge a shot to instantly the majority of the classes. If he couldn't quick scope headshot, he'd be infinitely easier to deal with.

The lase light would only appear when he's scoped in obviously.

TF2 is dead, it's time to move on to the superior multiplayer Valve shooter AKA Left 4 Dead 2
>Fully mod supported with a large amount to choose from
>Consistent playerbase that isn't filled with bots
>No jew cosmetics, if you want to change the appearance of someone you download a mod, no transactions required
>A well programmed game director ensures that almost every game you play is different than the last, promoting replayability
>even if you get bored of playing the same campaign maps all the time, there are plenty of great custom maps to choose from
>has one of the most advanced gore systems in a vidya
>Versus still makes faggots and shitters seethe to this day

Attached: 1654778342933.jpg (660x361, 75.23K)

reduce his max ammo to 10

>Fuck Tyler McVicker
HI NAME IS TYLER MCNIGGER!!!!!!! YOU FUCKING BAFFOON

you should only be able to headshot when you have 50% or more charge
quickscopes are retarded

His ammo pool isn't what people complain about though

this, quickscoping is just far too fucking powerful

The best way to counter sniper is with spam, just lob rockets and pills at him and he will move
Honestly you can't nerf sniper unless you reduce his ammo pool so he can't stay in one spot forever unless there is an ammo pack, or make it so that there's a small delay when it comes to quickscoping
You can't nerf his quickscope dmg, as then medics only need to really worry about spies, and you can't nerf other player's aim.
Not to mention, 9/10 times the sniper isn't a god at the game, people only hate on him since he's the main pick for bots.

Attached: marieplush.png (640x625, 850.37K)

>he's the main pick for bots.
he is also the main pick for cheater and shitters. nothing pisses me off than seeing 3 to 4 snipers doing absolutely nothing on your team

Yeah, lob rockets at a sniper leaving yourself open to be headshot as your rocket slowly travels towards his general direction. The whole point of the charge meter was to prevent this, so it's not like he couldn't headshot anymore, it would just mean he'd have to commit to shots instead of just clicking heads.

I am a sniping god, get kicked sometimes for appearing to be a cheater, and I wholeheartedly agree that sniper needs a serious nerf. I suggest a slower reload time, maybe just double, reduce charge rate by 25%, and have the base HS damage be 100.

slow the reload speed across all snipers and add the cool and canon reload shown in meet the sniper

Sounds like your problem is nobody shut him down sooner. It doesn't even take another sniper. Spy, pyro, direct hit soldier, vaccinator medic, there are plenty of responses already. It's on you for waiting too long to fix the problem.

Just cut his health down to 75

>he rotates the bolt, pulls back the bolt, picks bullet from pocket, puts bullet in, pushes the bolt, rotates the bolt
>in game he just rotates the bolt
here is the real problem also hitscan too

Please tell me how pyro counters sniper, game sense ruins the spy argument, a vac medic still has to deal with my team before he gets to my position, and a direct hit soldier is not hitting a sniper position unless he's going out of his way to jump there which he has to get past my team first.

you will never be the artifact 2 guy, user. Best to just move on

I said reasonable

It is reasonable.

>shut down any push until around three minutes on the clock
>this is a bad thing
skill. issue.
if your team is so bad that a single sniper tunnelling in on a single point is able to shut you down for so fucking long, maybe you should go join a different server

75 means he's one shot by literally anything, when the issue is the fact he can too easily oneshot people

>*filters scrubs*

Attached: syringe.jpg (250x182, 6.51K)

>my team will protect me!
Every time with these disingenuous fags, lmao.
If you're at a vantage point where you can shut down the entire enemy team, you're nowhere near your team while doing so. E
which makes you perfectly fair game for bullet vacs, flares and DH rockets to fuck you over.

Well they're still dealing with an entire team, not just a sniper. It's a payload map, one that I can't remember the name of but it has a particular building that gives a vantage point on all of blu spawn. There was literally nothing they could do except bum rush the cart and hope one of their flankers got to me, their scout got shut down by my engineer, their countless spies got shut down by me and my pyro, their one sniper was the only one that had legitimately challenged me, but by that point most of blu left the game it was too late. Sniper is too easy to abuse.