Why do video games always get this wrong?

They are always giving desert dwellers very curved swords even though their swords are straight

Attached: 1640803989527 curved swords are not middle eastern.png (2537x2269, 774.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamshir
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You see those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords.

Because a curved sword looks more distinct from a straight sword than a mildly curved one.

Curved swords were all over the near east

Attached: 1582488811687.jpg (467x350, 21.25K)

Those central asian's conquered the middle east.

Is hammerfell central Asia?

>straight
Dunno, those look pretty gay to me.

That's an imported design. Desert dwellers use swords like those depicted on the Saudi flag

true

Attached: 1587122743256.jpg (1200x1149, 232.63K)

sabers are peak sword aesthetic

>middle eastern curved swords
wtf based
>japanese curved swords
lol meme sword

why is this?

Abdul... lay off the kebabs...

one is still used to enforce justice, the other was appropriated by gen 1 4chuds into meme sword

No one gives a shit if some sandnigger lore is accurate or not

what advantage does the curve give it? all it means is you can't stab anymore

you use them on horse back where you cant stab people without losing your sword

Aerodynamic swings.
Fastest combo speed.

i'm done being educated about other cultures. i don't give a fuck anymore. it's all the same shit anyway.

Also you can still stab, only it also dismembers enemies

You just have a different yet still stereotypical idea of the setting. It's like saying everyone in India only used the Gada

Attached: image_2022-08-31_135145386.png (1503x925, 737.37K)

Fuck you.

Attached: heavymad.gif (444x250, 3.86M)

Curved swords hit 4 times with a jump attack. There's a huge difference

>Butt plug

It looks cool

straightswords are just better overall

what's the purpose of the curve, anyway? does it somehow make slashing more effective or something? genuine question, I know nothing about swords.

>tfw I learned that priests used maces because it was supposedly a sin to use blades
>turns out maces were better anyway because everyone was wearing plate armor back then

Attached: a-german-or-italian-mace-2nd-half-of-the-16th-century-large-striking-head-with-six-curved-flanges-the-points-have-copper-solder-reinforcements-of-quadrangular-section-hollow-forged-lightly-tapered-shaft-with-holes-for.jpg (308x1390, 39.63K)

Arabs have no culture and only imitate their masters(persians, turks, egyptians, americans)

makes it sexier,like a woman

so you can name your sword after one and waifu it

What they lack in intellect and culture they make up for in respect and love for each other. I've never met an Arab who would stab another Arab in the back, but he'd gladly stab someone else without batting an eye.

retard

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamshir

Attached: 1659522580561483.jpg (957x1024, 95.47K)

No, it's a hammer that fell

Attached: 298.jpg (500x367, 19.69K)

RETARD

>First FUCKING LINE
>Originally, Persian swords were straight and double edged.
>Curved sabre blades were Central Asian in origin.

The gashes end up bigger because more blade edge runs a wider area of skin contact as it swings through

>why asians have asian swords

why are japs so afraid on portraying or adapting anything from middle east?
are they afraid of finding out asians and arabs maybe closer in terms of morality and ideas than they are?

More surface area for chopping. The curve of the blade better follows the arc of the person swinging it. There's a lot more that goes into swordplay but that and are generally it.