Huge amounts of unique units

>huge amounts of unique units
>every factions early game is a mix of basic swordguy/spearguy/bowguy/ dude on a creature
>by the time you get to the unique and interesting high tier units you are auto resolving every battle because the loading screen takes more time than the battles
>with high tier units the "tactical" part in combat boils down to right click enemy and they die

how will they fix this

Attached: file.png (616x353, 239.88K)

Was this your first Total War game?

that would be shogun 2

how's total war: napoleon? I just read a book on his life and I'm real interested in seeing some of those battles played out.

its controversial but I liked it

>how's total war: napoleon?
It's excellent, but it needs mods.

feels like an expansion campaign to Empire
that's not to say it's bad it's an improvement it's just scaled down which is unfortunate considering Empire's map and size is my favorite thing about it but Napoleon has too many quality of life improvements to ignore
worth a play

thanks lads, I'm gonna give it a go.

are there any mods that revert the buffs they gave to skarsnik's campaign?

Attached: 1644639378055.jpg (320x180, 16.34K)

Empire's scale, especially modded, is a fucking magnificent thing, but it's such an unwieldly, bloated and buggy beast, I can understand why they dialed it all back for Napoleon to create something more polished and focused.

I do find myself playing a lot of Empire for the sheer scale of it though, and it's kinda sad we'll likely never see anything like it again, it's damn near a grand strategy game.

*hammer and anvils for 1000 battles*

Attached: Valkia the Bloody.gif (220x145, 588.44K)

>how will they fix this
Fix it?

It's been a problem since Total Warhammer 1.

They haven't fixed a fucking thing in three games, just churned out DLC.

>It's been a problem since Total Warhammer 1

Nigga it's been a problem since Shogun;total war
At least warhammer even HAS cool unique units to begin with lmao

wh1 and 2 are both unplayable on HDD I found

didnt play this one because no crack yet and im not buying a reskinned reskin, but load times on tw warhammer were always ridiculously high

>using hdd for anything but long term storage in 2000+22
wtf

im on a m.2 ssd and its still like 3 minutes per battle

TW games arent actual games but "pretendo" games you see

Ever been in /vst/? Nobody knows how to play. The games run like shit, always have. The tactics are barebones. The units are all bullshit numbers and the heroes are the important stuff. Nobody really play the battles, they autoresolve and pretend theyre playing, but in reality theyre pressing next turn forever because its a slog. The overall strategy is dull and no decision is really that important over big numbers. Its a bad 4X game, and 4Xs are already bad games. The illusion is "pretending" youre a general, but arent doing much in reality. It plays for you. TW fans are moviegoers and ego strokers, thats why they bitched about the graphics so much, when in the ACTUAL game they might as well be 1 polygon ants each.

the current beta of IME is broken, as the AI only recruits basic starting units
i am turn 100 in my festus campaign and the helves come at me with full stacks of archers and a few spearmen

Attached: wazzock.jpg (344x474, 90.4K)

what strategy vidya should I play instead user, I'm both genuinely interested and desperate

Total War has been in a state of stagnation since Shogun 2, Warhammer just gave them another 6 years to put off making actual engine changes because the IP and the "wow cool zombie/dragon/ratman/demon" effect of adding to the unit variety without meaningfully affecting anything. We can only hope that now that CA's deal with the devil is fulfilled they take the time to make the next big Total War game an actual update to the formula