Attached: file.png (600x800, 589.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vintagestory.at/forums/topic/8147-vintage-story-on-steam-deck/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1.17 needs to fucking hit already and not this RC# bullshit

It's Minecraft

too hard to pirate

yeah i just bought it instead

Great basework that however desperately, DESPERATELY needs more work on core systems, while the devs instead take insane amount of time working on irrelevant shit.

I just started a new world today, and I'm already sick of it. It's great that the game has really fun metalurgy or neat pottery mechanics, but it's kinda moot when:
A) Hunting, which is a major mechanic early on and still important in mid game, is ABSOLUTE FUCKING ARSE. It's an insanely annoying process of running for 5 minutes behind an animal slightly faster than you, that can tank 5 fucking spears into head like it's nothing.
The hunting system needs to be entirely overhauled and it should have been done years ago.
Make the animal move faster upon damage, but bleed and drain it's stamina for a while - forcing the player to slowly track it down by it's blood tracks, and by the time he catches it up, making it weak and easy to kill.
Wolf needs to FUCK OFF too. They should not attack you unless they smell blood (player or animal beinng wounded), they should fear fire, and generally be much less tanky.
B) prospecting needs to be overauled too. Just fucking give us the Y coordinates - even rough ones, when you are using the prospecting pick.
C) non-temperate regions need to be overhauled to be viable for new runs. You basically CAN'T make a start in colder climates, which is broken as FUCK.
C) pottery needs to be automated on higher tech levels. Nothing is more pain in the ass than spending an hour making fucking roof-tiles or additional croocks. Just give us forms or pottery wheels once you reach bronze tech or something.
D) food perservation needs to be expanded. Making endless crooks of boiled vegetables is boring.
Smoking, curing, drying and salting should be properly implement. Also, salt needs to be more easy to find.
E)the game desperately needs player and animal statuses. Poison, disease and so on.
Eating spoiled food should make you sick, not just reduce the nutrition value.

It's a fun game, I wish I could post my 1200s inspired shack/house/whatever but I have an IP range ban for posting pictures.

Looks cool but I don't think I'm autistic enough to play it, I tried knapping and a loading sign appeared in my brain

I like it.

Knapping is hilariously easy and fast. I genuinely think they should have made it possible to screw up by accidentally removing a wrong voxel.
You can't fail it, and it takes like 3 seconds to knap any of the base tools, to a point where it's easier to just knap anything you need than going to fetch a metal tool from your shed.
Just knap whatever tool you need on the spot and then throw away the tool if you want. Hard stone materials are so common anyway.

Kinda undermines the point of making more durable metal tools.

It's good

It's Minecraft, but not shit

maybe i played an older version but the autism to fun ratio was a bit much for me.
>can't fail it
That probably woulda helped me at the time. I figured you could. Also the charcoal thing. It probably just isnt my flavor of autism.

Pretty on point recommendations imo. I think the game has the potential to be absolutely phenomenal, just needs to cut some of the bullshit. Possibly all this stuff could be fixed with mods too.

Making charcoral is one of my favorite mechanics in the game. I love when it forces you to do shit like that.

But yeah, you can't fail knapping. The voxels that aren't marked for removal can't be removed.
You also don't need to remove all the voxel. You just need to disconnect the shape from the rest of the grid. Just remove the one layer surrounding the item and the rest will disappear.

As for charcoral - you CAN screw that up, but it's not nearly as easy as it seems. All you need to do is to quickly place a block over the firepit. You have about a minute to actually seal the kiln. You just cover all but one title of the wood, then place a fire pit on the one exposed block of wood. Then place just one extra block on either side around the hole.
Then light up the fire pit, and one extra block allows you to immediately place the one sealing block on top of the fire pit.
Done. It does not need to be sealed any further.

Yeah all of this is pretty spot on, though "spoiled" food isn't the worst thing IRL.
The % spoil rate should be the % chance to get sick, like a little bit of stale or dryness on bread wont hurt you IRL unless you're just that unlucky. Even some bread mold isn't directly harmful (unless you inhale it nasally, holy shit that was an awful google search result) but the longer you let it go the worse it is.

Also fucking add arrow molds for metal arrow tips

>Kinda undermines the point of making more durable metal tools.
The speed bonuses and tier requirements kind of enforce that, though I agree theres no point in shit beyond a stone hoe/shovel and copper scythe/chisel/hammer.

>Yeah all of this is pretty spot on, though "spoiled" food isn't the worst thing IRL.
True, but it really needs to bring some risks with it, because in general securing food supplies is currently too easy, and the fear of dealing with spoilage is just too low.
In this sense, I don't think it would harm the game if it was a bit unrealistic just to make the food perservation system more challenging.

>The speed bonuses and tier requirements kind of enforce tha
I mean I'm not saying that more advanced tools are useless. Just saying that kipping feels relatively overpowered.
Again, the ability to fuck it up I think would improve the situation a lot.

>Also fucking add arrow molds for metal arrow tips
There is a mod for that, thankfully.

Unfortunately, there are no mods to make things like the hunting suck less.

Eh honestly hunting rams/pigs isn't really that necessary early game. Even as a blackgaurd I usually have enough food from bushes, wild crops, cracked vessels, and wolves to not bother with it before I get a farm started. Starting a multiplayer world with others can make it difficult though.

Attached: 1661018815873533.png (432x768, 409.64K)

is there any way to tweak settings to mitigate all of this?

Looks comfy.
Does it run on steam deck?

>Looks comfy.
It really is, mostly thanks to the dynamic season system. It has a bit of that Stardew Valley quality to it.

As for Deck, I think I've seen a thread on the forums saying it should, but I can't guarantee it.
It's worth mentioning that the game isn't on steam for... some fucking stupid reason.

Too many things to learn, I gave up.

>Does it run on steam deck?
So apparently, it does.
vintagestory.at/forums/topic/8147-vintage-story-on-steam-deck/

>isn't on steam for... some fucking stupid reason.
dev doesn't like Steam's refund policy only being 2 hours or some shit, he gives refunds up to a couple months

this game is basically unplayable unless you modify world starting settings to this

hunger drain lowered by atleast 50%
disable attack aggro on enemies ( they will attack anyway if you are really close or hit them)

made the game very comfy for me

Attached: 478962789367842.jpg (1920x1080, 846.49K)

and also disable random temporal storms, they happen anyway if you are in a big cave fight, random storms are just ass

>dev doesn't like Steam's refund policy only being 2 hours or some shit, he gives refunds up to a couple months
That is... silly. I'm pretty sure Wube gives refunds to Factorio that go beyond two hours too...
But it does not really matter, it's not like it's a problem to get running.
With that said, apparently there is a linux version of VS that can be played relatively comfortably on Deck if people want to.

Can I enjoy this game if I'm autistic and don't have any friends to play with?