Is there an ACTUAL argument for why this is better than eternal?

is there an ACTUAL argument for why this is better than eternal?

Attached: doomlol.jpg (616x353, 148.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xIf0X9MAtI0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post it

Theres no argument
It just is

We need to test both games with the uncontacted tribe on the Sentinelese island. It's the only way to know.

It's better

Modding

Soul

Doom 2 is simple and fun + has thousands of mods
Doom Eternal is overtly complicated and not fun + has no mods
simple as

Attached: frog.png (976x850, 637.65K)

>chainsaws for magic ammo
>shoots epic Arachnotron weakpoint after lining up shot for 5 seconds while dashing side to side because pro Quake skills
>retarded door opening cutscene plays
>"Mhmm....rip and tear.. looks like the Hell Priest is nearby.. I will rip and tear because I am the ancient Doom Slaya
>"Come on, Vega"
>follows Skyrim compass
>Picks up 10 epic fanfiction-tier lore dumps about how badass the Slaya is on the way
>Door locks behind the Slaya and demons appear
>cacophony of retarded monster noises while the fart synth kicks into action
>"Rip and tear" WUBWUBWUBBWAMBWAMDUUUUUNUUUUNUUHHHNHUHHH Uses Flame Belch on a deliberately spawned group of Possessed and they become Staggered, does a badass Heat Blast and Armor Shards fly into the Slaya's face
>switches weapons 75 times
>dashes aimlessly waiting for a Possessed to spawn
>swings on monkey bars
>performs impse
>250 arena laps and 150 chainsaw uses later the Slaya is victorious
>Mhmm.. The Hell Priest is not here.. Better tell Samuel Hayden about this
>"Come on, Vega"
>Walks two meters and Alien Queen appears in an epic cutscene
>"You will not defeat me, Slaya, I am the Emperor of the Universe and you are nothing but a Usurper, the Kar En Kuk Council of Elder Alien Space Sentinel Argent D' Nur has banished you from the alien kingdom and I will defeat you!"
>Cut to black and level ends before epic boss fight so player can process how epic this is and maybe make a Reddit post about it before carrying on
>DUNDUNDUNBWAMBWAMBWAM Mick Gordon farting BAM BAM BAM 50 ACTION POINTS 5 CRUCIBLE CREDIT SENTINEL SHIP ARGENT RECEIVED

It doesn't have cringe capeshit crap.

It doesn't pander to manchildren

Sounds based, I'm gonna go buy the game.

Lmao no

Attached: 1660337856271207.webm (480x270, 2.92M)

I don't really compare the two because they're fundamentally two different games but if you need an actual fair reason modding absolutely.
I like Eternal quite a bit but they didn't even attempt to allow any amount of user made content at all.
Doom 2016 was definitely underwhelming when it came to modding as well, but at least it had the snapmap system which people got quite a bit of milage out of.
But if I need to play Doom mods I'll play Doom 2, they're two different series that I like for two different reasons.

Attached: 1645058950798.jpg (1125x1145, 119.55K)

>Old doom
>simple, but fun
>Moddable
>Tons of the weapons but never forced you to use any weapon specifically unless you were doing self-imposed pistol start runs
>Just shoot demons

>Eternal
>Try hard
>Cringe
>No modding, closed sourced crap
>No ammo
>Have to play in the way only the devs want you too which in turn makes it more of a puzzle game than a proper FPS
>Muh chainsaw

Muh big levels :DDDD

That's the entire argument. Old doom nigger bitches are angry about levels and think levels are the end all be all of game design. The fact that you can't even look up and down doesn't matter because only levels are what matters.

>never forced you to use any weapon specifically
Lol, do that and see how well it goes mid to late game.

no, i just like it more
eternal is still a great and fun game, just lacks that je ne sais quoi the original had for me
it's probably just nostalgia

If your game has cinematic takedowns it's shit. No exceptions.

DOOM Eternal is the greatest FPS ever made
youtu.be/xIf0X9MAtI0

Attached: DOOM Slayer vs Evil.jpg (1920x1080, 2.44M)

>NuDoom
Painkiller cosplaying as Doom

>je ne sais quoi
Someone nuke this entire site already please.

Went pretty well.

Meanwhile in Eternal I can't use the weapons I want because they're infective

you're free to leave whenever you want
this is our board now

>ameripig starts breaking out in hives and crying for his mother when he hears a common loanphrase
take it easy, cletus
you don't need to go shoot your local preschool up

>zoomer confused by a phrase that was common before he was born

cry about it, faggot

lack of modding, thats about the only valid complaint i've heard, being able to make maps was the shit and D4 and Eternal's map maker leaves much to be desired

doesnt require me to make a bethesda account

>The burger is scared of a foreign language
I bet you start calling random Asians gooks and japs the moment they start talking to someone in their native language

It's not trying too hard with its DOOOOM SLAYER *EPIC HEAVY METAL* "REMEMBER THE BFG?" shit.

imagine hating on the doom metal soundtrack

ngmi

>Someone nuke this entire site already please.
This is our site now and you will never
EVER
get it back again
get fucked lmao

>Floor tiles
10/10

Attached: 1623568653907.jpg (400x400, 36.83K)

there are a ton of heavy metal bands that would've loved to make music for a doom game, but they did some electro-industrial stuff instead. i don't like it too much, its too serious-sounding. i can respect the work he puts into it with the synths, though.

I think Eternal and DOOM are both overrated in their own ways, but DOOM has completely insane modding potential so you can turn it into an approximation of any game you want. Eternal is, permanently, Eternal. I'd play Eternal over vanilla DOOM, but I'd play any number of wads or mods over Eternal, which becomes excruciatingly rote and repetitive before its runtime is over.

Eternal, to me, feels a lot like a Platinum game without the ranking/scoring system and player skill expression. You get dropped into an arena, fight guys for a bit, and move on. Over and over, broken up by repetitive, unintuitive, boring platforming. It's not a bad game but it's not a MASTAPEECE.

Gros pédé >:-}

I need an Heretic reboot in the vein of Eternal, focused on melee attacks, throwing weapons and magic with high speed gameplay and arenas with platforming

Attached: GOBLIN SLAYER.jpg (5060x2752, 1.78M)