Why did Tactical RPGs die?

Why did Tactical RPGs die?

Attached: Sword of Convallaria srpg.jpg (1280x720, 154.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/holy-heck-there-are-a-lot-of-strategy-rpgs-on-pc-now/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They'll only die if you stop playing them user

That Metal Slug is still coming out

Too big-brained for most people.

This. Sega even turned Sakura War into a musou to appeal to low iq casuals

Attached: Sakura-Wars_20200822003649.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

Triangle Strategy was released just this year, user

Because it's fucking boring to grind XP in a turn based game, and most SRPGs rely on grinding as a gameplay. An easy encounter takes 10 minutes because you need to move everyone one by one.
Of course the biggest offender is Disgaea, but even FFT needs grinding for leveling your classes.

>and most SRPGs rely on grinding as a gameplay
Completely false, and the fact you use the two most surface level TRPGs as examples of anything proves that you don't know shit about the genre

>make new sakura war
>only release it for ps4, with no pc/switch port
What the hell were they thinking?

Fire Emblem is the only series that did the genre correctly, everything else is too slow and grindy

Doesn't seem like it

pcgamer.com/holy-heck-there-are-a-lot-of-strategy-rpgs-on-pc-now/

There are a ton coming out. I'm hype for tactics ogre myself

needs a redesign to appeal to newfriends. also sort of moved into mobile games like rts did
>take TRPG
>replace regular enemies with boss battles
>give bosses MMO styled mechanics
>make game about designing parties to defeat the bosses
>beating bosses unlocks new moves, classes, and equipment to work around harder mechanics
think things like disgaea's lift and throw system to get slow units out of AoEs and shit. i wish there were better bosses in the genre because the few good ones are great. but most the time it's just surround some guy with higher stats and beat the shit out of him

They play too goddamn slow.

nincels only buy nintendo
pc gamers don't buy games

What does Any Forums think of Symphony of War? It's pretty much a modern day Ogre Battle.

Attached: symphony_of_war_7.jpg (1920x1080, 476.42K)

retarded consolebrain

>I've been called out

They're gacha games now

This, Even if you try to make it faster it's still going to be a chore to play because every single units need to be moved individually.
Any faster and it's an auto play which is retarded

Few people care about them, and the few devs that make them make them about the wrong shit.
Triangle Strategy for instance is more visual novel than game. The actual tactical rpg part is great, but you get like one map for every two hours of pointless npc's talking. I couldn't even play FFT for more than a couple hours for the same reason. FFTA and FFTA2 are so much better since they let me play the actual game and the shitty story is never on the screen for more than a minute or so at a time. I'm here to play a fucking game not read a book.

It would have sold more on steam or switch

jeez, all those look so similar, downright to having a map area select just like every other game in the genre when you could easily make it different with an overworld, why is everything so derivative? there's not an ounce of creativity left in this industry

Nope

>i said something stupid and got mocked for it
by your logic it shouldn't released be on ps4 because nu sony doesn't have games

? It's a 4 year old game if you want it just get it already

Did they ever really live?

SEGA doesn't think about anything, that's why they always squander their IPs. Right up there with Konami.

no games

is triangle strategy worth playing?

What are you talking about? there's an abundance of indie ones.