How do we fix the open world meme?

how do we fix the open world meme?

Attached: 563863562345.jpg (800x900, 251.75K)

They wouldn't fight with civilians nearby.

genshin already fixed this game.

moar koroks

How do we fix this shitty board?

Make a nintendo containment board (enforce the containment, unlike Any Forums) and Any Forums becomes a utopia.

elden ring already fixed it

We don't, open worlds are great

take note, Hiro

SMALL BUT DEEP OPEN WORLD

A city full of life with limited moviments

Lmao this is a great image. Would save it if it wasn't too gross to have a Zeldo remnant in my PC

You don't. The entire point of open world is copy-pasting the same thing 50 times to trick brainlets into playing the same game over and over again but because it was a while since the last time they did x they think it's fresh again.

Attached: 1646776846721.png (567x474, 325.73K)

There's nothing you can do but wait for normalfags to get bored of them. They're the ones that are funding these constant stale releases.

haha save it, it's all yours friend

make them smaller but more detailed
make it matter where you choose to go
make growing stronger feel you're like actually growing stronger
etc
also i know you just mean botw in general but you should use a different image, the great plateau part was actually pretty cool

By abandoning it entirely.

You can't, the entire thing is a marketing gimmick. You either shrink the world so it's more content dense or you take the collectibles out so the player knows to take in the atmosphere instead of turning every rock over for a korok seed or card or some bullshit.

This legit makes me angry

Attached: 1659179552197108.webm (1920x1080, 1.44M)

BotW fixed it 5 years ago

this but unironically

Do you want hallways or open world? You have to pick. You don’t get to be a whiny bitch and have both.
You’re either free or you’re not.

The idea is to have large open areas bridging the gap between significant points of interest. Old Zeldas did this well but I guess autists get upset when people refer to those as open world. Think of the sandstorm desert that you can get lost in on the way to the sand temple in OOT, the swampy octorok area or the sewers areas in MM. They are deadly areas, often you need to do some critical thinking or find a new tool in order to progress through them. That is how these massive areas should be, instead they are all Hyrule Field with different recolors. BOTW barely tried to execute this by requiring cold/fire armors for their respective regions, that was about it. The world needs to have thought and depth and an intended path of progression (that witty players can find a way around).

its okay for games to be empty

Attached: 1631931272694.png (1896x801, 686.75K)

Great image? That's not even the quote he said.

there's nothing wrong with them
stop being mad that other people are having fun