Why did PS2 era get so many quality racing games and then the genre just died. All we get now is garbage sim-shit

Why did PS2 era get so many quality racing games and then the genre just died. All we get now is garbage sim-shit.

Attached: 001-need-for-speed-2-cheats-gamecube-3400535-7c22f64d9e7c405b8c4bb97172c7bca4.jpg (768x432, 60.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kSYwFlYSr9I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The genre peaked with Midtown Madness 2 and Need for Speed 3. Everything past that is the genre puttering along until it ran out of fuel.

You've got the new NFS, GRID and DiRT games, it's not so bad, what we're really lakcing is a new Burnout.

2000's racing games are peak soulless shit.

Licensed music became shittier, or rather low effort derivative trash became popular instead
Racing with bad music is like driving with no clutch

the magic of that era was fast and furious were still cheesy movies instead of an action gigafranchise, rock/nu-metal/bit of electronic fit really well and sounded good, and cars still had soul. all of that is gone now.

because there's literally not been a good racing game since NFSU2, plus Fast & Furious-style racing culture died in the mid-00s

Sick 3AHOC, bro.

>after years of only seeing them in videogames I finally went to a World Rally Championship event

It was amazing, see them all before car culture finally dies. The sound alone is worth it.

Attached: hyundai i20 wrc with camera helicopter.webm (634x360, 483.83K)

That helicopter pilot is slick

Yeah soundtracks are really important in games, I started to play Tony Hawk Underground 1 and the soundtrack fits so well for the game

Street racing almost totally died in popular culture

If there it is feasible to go to one, hillclimb/course-do-cote is the shit

New NFS games are often garbage. I don't want to be able to turn 90 degrees without speed control or drifting skill.

car culture won't die no matter what environmentalists tell you.

Tuning cars, and games with upgrades overall, are fun.

HOUSE REAL BIG

It stopped being culturally relevant. See Fast and Furious

Attached: 1366_2000.jpg (1100x726, 211.31K)

I agree but UG2? come on nigga

What game comes close to this feel? Music, imagery, etc
youtu.be/kSYwFlYSr9I

Attached: Larry_Chen_2017_Speedhunters_Pikes_Peak_01-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 335.46K)

fucking racing game threads are amazing on Any Forums. Imagine if people in devil may cry threads started hyping up DmC and saying 2 and 3 were shit because they were too hard. Then people started hyping up arkham asylum games as combat kino in those same threads and ragging on fighting games for being autistic fight simulators.

That's fucking racing game threads on Any Forums. All of you are bad at driving and no one wants to practice a course. Nobody wants to learn a car or try to improve their driving habits.

Attached: floppa-spin-bug-floppa-spin.gif (438x473, 685.67K)

rip old pikes

So you're saying that Any Forums's racing game threads drive you nuts?

Its as dead as Top Gear.