Other than the Batmobile, which everyone already knows is terrible, what went so horribly wrong?

Other than the Batmobile, which everyone already knows is terrible, what went so horribly wrong?

Attached: arkham knight.png (696x696, 656.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

press-start.com.au/features/2022/08/10/gotham-knights-interview-vr-design-co-op-stealth-and-budgie-smugglers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

repetitive ubisoft open world
batman is a cunt throughout the whole game
batman also acts stupid as fuck, completely unworthy of le greatest detective
almost all the villain side stories like manbat, firefly, penguin, two-face, azrael etc. are incredibly low effort
the story is trying to be all dramatic and high stakes and then you have the riddler acting like some scooby doo villain and building roller coaster race tracks and robot punching bags for batman are you fucking kidding me
there are like 250 riddler trophies, actually worse than AssCreed feather collecting at this point

Never mind that. Heres a gotham knights interview instead

WB Montreal already has a great history with the character. I remember the Cold, Cold Heart DLC in Batman: Arkham Origins being a great piece of content…

GE: Yeah, that's a long ways back. There's not even that many people [in studio] who actually [worked on Origins] still here. I think one or two of our core designers and our core animation staff worked on it. Ours was a really different take on Mr. Freez, particularly in the sense of who Freeze is. How he moves. How he fights. We're pretty excited for you guys to see this one.

As we touched upon earlier, the last WB Montreal "bat title" was Arkham Origins. One common note about that game was that its sandbox was impressively large but also barren in places. Have you taken that historical feedback onboard?[

GE: Well, I mean, I am here really talking about the game we're actually making this year. So Gotham Knights is not a reaction to past games. Or not a "oh, that other game got this feedback, so we should worry about it." That said, Gotham City in Gotham Knights is a pretty dense city in terms of what's happening. There's always crime. The factions are always up to stuff every night. And the density of side activities and stuff to do is pretty high. So I think people will find there's a lot of different dark corners to seek stuff to do in our city.

press-start.com.au/features/2022/08/10/gotham-knights-interview-vr-design-co-op-stealth-and-budgie-smugglers/

Batman fatigue, I know a bunch of people who didn't even bother with the game even though it's pretty good

still better than the spider-man game

Predictable plot twist

>Let Nightwing help!
>"No. I can handle it."
>Let Robin help!
>"No. I can handle it."
>doesn't actually handle it, ends up getting exposed to everyone, and fakes his death in the end
And he lost to fucking SCARECROW of all people. This version of Batman went from being among the best in Asylum to one of the worst in Knight.

Could we even call it a twist?

he was le sad and depressed about letting joker die in city

I never understood why people hated Origins
Warner even went out of their way to not include it on their Arkham collection, what the fuck?

Attached: 81XTYl6HpRL._AC_SX425_.jpg (425x532, 52.89K)

>dude scarecrow has been fucking with my mind a lot, he totally even faked Jim's death before and I bought it hook, line and sinker
>maybe it would be worth checking if Barbara is really dead
>....nah

It's not a Ubisoft open world. There were no towers to climb, the city was very varied and had a fair bit of verticality for an open world, all the side stories were completely optional and varied, not fetch quests, and the upgrade system actually made a difference if you knew how to fight well. It's one of the few instances of a mainstream open world game not following the Ubi formula. Arkham Origins (which for whatever reason gets shilled hard) was indeed a shitty ubisoft game.

Nothing. Harley's butt was amazing

1. Shit story (Arkham Knight is Jason Todd, Scarecrow does nothing, muh Joker virus, all other villains are side missions)

2. Bad dialogue

3. Side missions aren't that good

3. Stealth is even easier (Fear Takedowns, huge Silent Takedown range)

Fear takedowns are stupidly overpowered in a combat system that was already pretty piss easy

Shock gauntlets are the worst item in the series. Literally makes all combat a pointless endeavor.

The worst part is him standing there and just watching her "die" like he didn't have any way at all of breaking through some plexiglass. That must be the strongest, most indestructible plexiglass in the world for Batman to just give up and not even try to break through it.

the gotham knights devs are seething as they didnt work on origins

>Let Nightwing help!
>"No. I can handle it."
>Let Robin help!
>"No. I can handle it."
>doesn't actually handle it
That plotline has happened like five times in the last 20 years in the comics, Batman loves running himself ragged over emotional bullshit and shutting out family cause he thinks he knows better than them.

Will Suicide Squad be good? Why didnt they just make a Justice League game instead?

Iron Galaxy in charge of PC port.

Because it’s a straight downgrade from city in every aspect, graphics, visuals, story, everything. The Va’s for Batman and joker were pretty good, which is the only real point in its favor.

They also fucked up traversal super hard by arbitrarily locking you out of grappling to 70% of the highest points in the city, fucking retards.

>It's not a Ubisoft open world
Yeah it is
>dude clear out 50 militia checkpoints
>dude chase 15 APCs (which are faster and better armed than your super duper batcar somehow...)
>dude disarm 20 bombs
>dude take out out all these blind and deaf aerial drones
>dude find all the collectibles
>all the side stories are literally just repeating the same activity several times
>DUDE JUST KEEP REPEATING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER
It's as Ubi as you can get.
>but there are no towers!
tower climbing is just yet another form of tedious repetition, it's the exact same design principle as the rest of Arkham Knight

I don’t mind the premise but all the characters you can play sound boring as fuck except the shark guy.

Filtered midwit