With the recent Saints Row happenings, how are the older games? Worth a shot?

With the recent Saints Row happenings, how are the older games? Worth a shot?

Attached: Saints row.jpg (258x387, 37.71K)

saints row was never good

I liked 1 and 2 but SR1 is locked on 360 IIRC

Worth a shot i'd say.
I liked 2 a lot, 3 was great. I've never played the first one, and 4 was fun.

Never played Gat outta Hell either.

Buy them cheap on a steam key reseller site or pirate them

2 on PC with the unofficial patch is fun.
3 is nice on pc but it's much more wacky and shallow compared to 2. I never played 4 and GOOH.
I'm not sure I'd enjoy them.

this

I'm playing 3 right now and I'm having a lot of fun.

Attached: 2012-07-15_00001.jpg (1440x900, 109.07K)

One is jank
Two is a trash port
Three is the best without it going full retard
Four goes full retard with the story. Turn your brain off and it's ok.

1 and 2 are pretty great in tone and atmosphere, but has some clunky shooting mechanics. 2, in my opinion, is the best of the main series in terms of world space and stories.
3 is very cartoonish/absurdist in a sort of action movie tone divergent from the first two games.
4 pull-vaults over the shark like you wouldn't believe.

3 is le epic crude humor nonstop however it does have co-op which is naturally fun but the game feels too simple and repetitive.

4 is essentially an expansion to 3, same map and everything but you have super powers. Its everything repetitive about 3 set up to 1000 because you're purposefully OP as fuck and you don't even really need to drive around anymore

1 is nothing special but at the time was an admirable GTA clone although wonky.

2 I think is the best in the series, its not retardedly goofy like 3, it was just a really competent open world sandbox game at a time when people were somewhat disappointed with GTA IV (I like both games though). The only issue is, the PC port is unironically unplayable, even with mods to fix it, it can be omega fucked. Some people have luck with the mods so you could give it a go but otherwise its fucked. The console version is playable but runs pretty poorly as well.

Now last I heard, they had found the source code (it had been lost) and claimed they were working on a PC fixed version but that was years ago and I haven't seen shit about that since so I have no idea if there's any hope for that or not. Unfortunate because I quite liked SR2 and its the only one I really liked.

Single player SR3 is a bit meh because the wackiness is bit too much, but with a friend it works so much better and it's fun as hell.

Shit was always cringey the new one isnt any different besides being a tiny bit more

1=2>4>3
get an xbox

1 no
2 kinda its a good game and the highpoint of the series but a bitch to get running
3 if you havent played 2 its great. if you have played 2 its still decent but annoying cause of how much worse some of the features got.
4 is good if you want to be a superhero/fuckaround with powers. if you wanted more criminal stuff ehh. all the superpowers make stuff like cars or shooting utterly pointless.
play 3 or 4
2s a decent place to start but you can skip it if its annoying to install.

2 is one of the best gang gangs up there with san andreas
3 is 2 but reddit
4 is saints row in name only
anyone who says none of the games are good are assblasted saints row devs mad nobody liked their tranny reboot

Theres a mod called gentlemen of the row for sr2 pc which makes the game very playable on PC and adds some more content and some fixes. I'm about 2 hours deep in sr2 with the mid and so far it's running waaaaay better than when I tried it vanilla

Im the only one who likes 4 and I recommend it to everyone. Best drunk chill game I know of. Also on sale all the time for like 3 bucks.

Agreed, 4 is the best of them.

Sure you can become very overpowered early on in the game, but there is something satisying about flying around and destroying everything with ease.

>Best drunk chill game I know of
this is like when people say a game is "solid". Yea man this game is the best when im fucked up and incapable of actually playing video games with any kind of expectation from me. I'm all for relaxing games but this isn't just relaxing its absurdly simple and repetitive, which I can understand not minding when drunk but if you have to get fucked up to enjoy a game then I think its pretty obvious as to why you're the only one who likes it.

I think you're exaggerating the "difficulty" of installing sr2 a little. I have the steam version and to run the mod to make the game run well on PC it's as easy as downloading the mod, using the mod generator to creat the necessary files for you, drag and drop said files into sr2 main folder and that's that. I'd that sounds difficult for anyone please sell your PC and go outside

1 is mid
2 is good
3 is good but goes in a new direction
4 is just 3 with superpowers, depends on if you like 3 or not
Gat out of Hell is 4 in hell

Kinzie is cute

Attached: kinzie.png (837x1725, 815.3K)

technically 1 is available on modern xbox consoles via backwards compatibility, but yeah it only ever had a 360 version

Laziness and convenience are the reasons Steam exists. It made pirating incredibly tedious copared to pay and play.

1 is P good if you go in without any expectations of it being another San Andreas, plenty of crude scenes and a nice humour balance

2 is an absolute blast and is the definive SR gang experience

3 gameplay wise is very smooth and sometimes wacky; lore wise it's the BOSS' wet dream of success
4 is the same as 3 but a FUCKING NIGHTMARE THE BOSS HAD BY SMOKING TOO MUCH LOA POWDER WTF
Gat out of hell was the BOSS's dream of Gat reviving inside his other dream

reboot is absolutely bloated with bugs and trash, thank god i only paid 24 en EGS and got a refunk after 6 hours lol

1 and 2 are worth a shot, 1 can be played on xenia. dont bother with 3 onwards

Attached: xenia saints row.png (1282x772, 1.52M)

>Now last I heard, they had found the source code (it had been lost) and claimed they were working on a PC fixed version but that was years ago and I haven't seen shit about that since so I have no idea if there's any hope for that or not. Unfortunate because I quite liked SR2 and its the only one I really liked.

the guy working on it literally exploded from the cancer he developed working on fixing that shitpile

You could look at it that way. I like to look at the opportunity cost of it for these older games that have issues being pirates. Am I willing to sit here for god knows how long trying to sort out how to get a pirated copy of a 360 port or am I going to pay (I think I bought it for like 2 bucks) for the game and install a well known mod and get it going literally within 5 minutes. Pirating and steam both have their benefits.

RIP

Attached: sad apu.jpg (1024x962, 48.19K)

fpbp
not worth the play in the current year
maybe play them if you want to see what trash tasteless millenials used to hype