Arcanum Thread

Looking to start a melee tech run what should I invest in?

Attached: Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg (248x300, 41.3K)

I couldn't get into this game.

Reminder to kill every gnome you meet. Except lowly gnome villagers. And Vollinger.

same, needs a quality remake

depends on what items you want to use

Be gnome.

If it's your first time don't do tech, it's fundamentally not finished and requires extensive foreknowledge of the game you won't have your first time though.

>make explosive character
>you don't get xp if you kill with explosives (:

So I got to the Black Mountain Mines, how far am I into the game?

>know tech is inferior to magic
>still always play tech
it's dumb to play a steampunk game without going tech

>remake
>quality
All remakes are trash that make the game worse.

not very far

You've reached the great filter which puts you at 15ish percent of the main plot.

It's kind of weird but I think that's the game that makes me think of LOTR the most. Despite the (fantasy-)steampunk setting.

doesn't matter, harm'd your ass

Thanks for the non-answer

>Looking to start a melee tech run what should I invest in?
Melee and tech. Duh.

Smith, because obvious. Also, chemistry for poison axe. Yes can as well pour into herbology, because you will need healing salvos

Grenadier. You'll need some good AoE, and its fun

My first ever playthrough back in 2001 was as a dwarf engineer. The first time I felt like inventions held their own against magic was when I went through the golem-infested dwarven mine where every hit breaks your weapon and armor. Being able to stay at range was all that saw me to the end even though it was a horrible slog.

I only later learned that magic is ridiculous and you can finish the entire game with just a starter spell.

Yep. It called harm. Starter spell of black necromancy. If you do Thulla's quest of necromancer for amulet that halves mana usage of dark necromancy it's even more op