Is there a fighting game that's perfect for casuals? If not...

Is there a fighting game that's perfect for casuals? If not, what would such a fighting game need to be playable by casuals?

Attached: 56745674jhj44.jpg (1800x1200, 102.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

toughlovearena.com/
wiki.supercombo.gg/w/Pokken_Tournament_DX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish there were more fighting games that had more focus on neutral and less on combos, or combos should be more organic and not set in stone button combinations.
Nothing less fun then sitting by for 15 seconds while someone does the exact same combo for the 20th time in fighterz cause Gogeta's monkey fart whiffed me and that somehow leads into a full perfect combo.

GBVS is the game for you.

I did enjoy that game, it's been a while since I played it, do you still need to be ridiculously good at dodging the bros ultimate?
That was the most fun I had in a fighting game in some time, but when that game gets cheesy, it's gets REALLY cheesy.

To be honest with you I also had a great time, but haven't played it more since online play became nearly impossible to do. I remember reading somewhere that Lowain's bullshit super got nerfed yes

Yuyu Hakusho Tokubetsu Hen is actually perfect for casuals. I'm not sure if you can actually call it a fighting game though

Attached: 674784220.jpg (480x360, 30.44K)

Start at Street Fighter II, KoF ‘98 or Mortal Kombat II and slowly work your way up. And by slowly I mean pretend you are 12 and can’t afford every revision and only play with a stick on your birthday. Also do no deviate between one series or the other, autistically stick to one series because of the control differences. Within a month of your choice get even more autistic with your main. Maybe in like 5 years of slow upgrades you can try and jump into the fotm worthless fgc pic. But these have to be purchased at launch and have a very short lab time or you will get left behind again and the cycle will continue and you will realize modern fighting games aren’t worth getting into so you’ll go back to playing whatever favorite you found during your learning phase. At this point you can start trying other series and have fun.

I'd like that as well, I'd also like more 3D/arena fighters that doesn't suck. I think a key part of making a game appeal to casuals (or anyone that isn't into fighting games really) is to make the movement and inputs feel intuitive and natural, something which is hard to do in a rigid arcady 2D environment with a fixed camera. Moving in 3D space allows players to express themselves better.

that's a fucked up hitbox

Attached: 1661832699806520.png (1800x1200, 639.82K)

might have stuck an extended hurtbox into it

Attached: pom 2b tho.png (785x505, 709.19K)

Yeah, every fighting game not shilled as competitive. You find them all pre-gen 7.

Simple.
It goes 10 frames at a time, simultaneous input while paused, then another 10 frames. Menu based action selection
No input problems, no reaction time, lag, or controller differences. No advantages for anyone of any kind.
No fun either I bet.

toughlovearena.com/

Attached: 1654085866128.jpg (1920x1080, 493.29K)

Pokken has a huge emphasis on neutral, AND happens to have a real neat mechanic to incentive actively changing your combo composition, AND also has some arena fighter features.

It's everything you want here.

To clarify, Pokken's core combat is a 2d traditional fighter, you have unique movelists, cancels, just--frames, a height system, etc, and it's what most of the game is designed around. But obviously there's also the 3d arena fighter-esque phase. It's best to think of the shift from 2d to 3d being a anti-infinite system that forces a return to neutral, with the 3d phase itself being an additional buffer layer of neutral before you return to the 2d phase and it's neutral (since 3d > 2d shifts happen on any heavy hit)

Furthermore, since the 2d > 3d shift is determined by moves adding PSP points to a hidden guage, with different moves adding different points, at a high level you are actively changing up the composition of your combos and your move choices to end your combos right on a a shift (to get optimum damage so the shift doesn't interupt the combo) or intentionally trying to shift faster or slower based on if it's to your advantage: Sometimes you might wanna go for a less safe or less damaging combo or option to keep the PSP guage lower/to stay in the 2d phase as a sort of reset for more longer term damage (if you win another interaction) or to continue to apply pressure and do mindgames; or sometimes you might wanna use a option that shifts faster even if it's less damage to get OUT of pressure or to get the meter gain/health regen causing a shift brings. Some moves also can lower or reset the PSP guage so there's a resource mangement element to it too.

Heights in Pokken also exist as a way for moves to bypass and punish each other based on height state rather then to bypass blocking, and that also enables way more reversals and returns to neutral and likewise encourages wider use of moves.

Nobody has mentioned Strive yet? I got 2 of my scrub friends into fightan with strive and they love it. Combos are simple and short, mechanics are simple on the surface and easy to understand, lots of focus on neutral.

Im heading to bed soon but if any of you have further questions or anything I'll answer if i'm awake

Otherwise, wiki.supercombo.gg/w/Pokken_Tournament_DX is currently the main central resource repisotrory, and discord,gg/pokken is where basically the entire english speaking scene is located at. There's some region specific and character specific servers, same for specific online events/locals, but everything orbits around that main one, it's not like NRS games or DBFZ where there's like a dozen different major communities across different servers and fourms.

Pretty much this.

I've actually thought about a game like this quite a bit
Ultimately it's kind of like Toribash, but I didn't even know that existed when I first had the idea.
The point would be essentially competitive TAS. Theme it around people with time manipulation powers fighting, you take turns making TAS style inputs, including the ability to scroll backwards and forwards in time, with the eventual goal of checkmating your opponent so there's nothing he can do to weasel out of getting hit. Manipulating time would cost a resource, particularly anything retroactive, and if you run out while your opponent still has lots you're basically fucked since he can just retcon anything you do, so you're still incentivized to play out a fight somewhat normally when possible to conserve your time meter, if it's possible to avoid something by moving a few pixels or a frame perfect dodge or parry instead of rolling back that would be optimal, and the longer you take to make your decision to more it costs.
Matches would take around 5 minutes at most, and then at the end they'd play back in real time and everything would play out in under 30 seconds of what would ideally look like the craziest TAS clash battle/combo video ever.

I had more luck with DBFZ. Managed to get 3 of them on it while only 1 went for strive but still dropped it after day 2. They also move MAHVEL.
In my experience, normalfags don't actually care about neutral. They love to just get in and start pounding their heads against each other but also no command grabs.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 179.31K)

Get Mortal Kombat Deception and play Konquest mode

Attached: footsies.jpg (616x353, 26.94K)