Tfw the only reason I have relied on pre-built desktops for my entire life instead of actually learning to build one is...

>tfw the only reason I have relied on pre-built desktops for my entire life instead of actually learning to build one is not because I am low iq, nor is that I am too afraid, I am just a lazy man who wants to game and doesn’t care about that nerd engineering bullshit
Any other anons like this?

Attached: 57451783-696C-416F-AC51-E93B56925603.png (600x800, 498.12K)

I'm lazy as fuck and I still built my own desktop.

>plugging things into slots
>nerd engineering
holy lol

There is literally nothing wrong with going prebuilt in 2022.
That said it's easy as fuck to build a PC

I fucking love bellies so much

The same reason why I bought my house pre-built.
I got no time and knowledge to built one myself.

Attached: 1207951509342.gif (251x189, 743.2K)

You don't need to "learn" anything. Building a PC is less complicated than lego sets designed for ten year olds and it takes less than half an hour to throw one together. The real reason you don't do it is because you never try to do anything even slightly out of your comfort zone. Intelligent, self-sufficient people will always look down on you for that and deservedly so. Deal with it.

i bought a premade a couple years back, just before the mining rush on gpus. best computer i ever had.

Are you my therapist or some shit nigger? This post reeks of self projection

I went from not knowing shit about building a PC to putting mine together just fine in 2 hours. It's retardedly easy. You actually are just lazy.

>Someone who literally does the thing criticizes others who literally don't do the thing, i.e. polar opposites
>Projecting

I got a prebuilt when it was 500 bucks cheaper to get than buying parts individually. Added a CPU cooler immediately and about to add a new PSU. I'm pretty sure this shit PSU is about to fry my shit if I don't replace it soon. Can use both of them when I eventually build a new rig.

Attached: 1631197093982.jpg (1000x750, 131.26K)

>ask nerds for a build
>order parts on amazon
>pay local PC repair place to assemble it
thats all it takes to have something that's not a sweatbox that surrounds a 3090 and a 12900k with cheapo ass components

i never understood this weird obsession with building PCs, how often do you guys change PCs, i've had the same one for about 7 years and i have no peoblem running modern games on it

Attached: 7610FEB8-93BF-428B-A7F5-C3DC451CB48F.jpg (320x400, 18.25K)

It's not 2010 any longer, grandpa. No one gives a fuck about you using a prebuilt or not.

You never said you literally did the thing though. You said that it’s not complicated and it’s apparently easy to do, but you never said yourself that you have done it. For all I know, you only know such a thing because you watched somebody on jewtube build a pc, or you had your friend build it for you. Maybe take this as a sign you should stop larping as a therapist on a taiwanese farming forum.

>be loser
>didn't graduate, have a shitty stressful job that pays peanuts
>finally have enough money for a decent PC
>decide whether to get a prebuilt or find out how to build one on my own
>decide on the latter
>youtube tutorials are extremely helpful and are very detailed yet easy to understand
>finally get the parts
>assemble it at home on the floor
>it took me unreasonably long to build because I was so anxious the entire time that I might break some delicate, expensive part (putting the CPU on the board, putting the paste on the CPU and putting the cooler, plugging the 20-pin without breaking the board, plugging the USB 3.0 pin without breaking the board, and taking an hour to plug the IO ports because there were so fucking many)
>moment of truth
>flick the PSU
>press the power button
>monitor is blank
>15 seconds later it boots

It was one of the best feelings I've ever had in my life. I know the experts here know that PC building is relatively simple and is like putting legos together, but it was a rare sense of accomplishment that when I was holding that screwdriver that I actually felt like a man. I'm writing this shitty blog to tell anons who need to read this that you really need to build that PC yourself.

>You said that it’s not complicated and it’s apparently easy to do, but you never said yourself that you have done it
I thought that was implied, but okay I've built PCs, many times. Have so since I was a child. I'm not saying this like it's something to brag about because it isn't. It's absurdly simple and only people with a pathological aversion to wading outside of their dangerously shallow pool of skills would treat it as something they don't have time to "learn". Given how deeply entrenched technology is in our lives it's seriously on par with not knowing how to change a tire at this point, and I wouldn't trust a grown man who can't do that to hit the bowl when he takes a piss.
>Maybe take this as a sign you should stop larping as a therapist on a taiwanese farming forum.
Stop wearing your crippling insecurity on your sleeve and people will stop pointing at it.

so, assuming you aren't a fucking retard that's buying a Dell or HP (garbage cooling, non-standard cases/PSUs/etc, you can't even fucking unfuck them because the parts aren't standard)
as long as you're buying something made with all off-the-shelf parts, the only real issue is value for money (and occasionally, how good/bad the company that built the machine is, I've seen some shit where you'd need to take everything apart and put it back together yourself to fix it because it was assembled by a retard, also replace the PSU because they put the cheapest, shittiest one inside after putting $1k in parts elsewhere)

Genuinely proud of you, user.

>deepthroating the b8

yeah at 1080p 60fps if you're lucky dumbass, and wow neat you never understood having a hobby or making enough money to have disposable income to put towards it after already owning a home, neat, don't worry too much about it I doubt you ever will

It's strange that I have never bought all parts and assembled a completely new PC, yet I have upgraded it so often over the years that 100% of the parts have changed at least twice.

>Dell
>garbage cooling
>you can't even fucking unfuck them because the parts aren't standard
Don't fucking remind me. I had to get some janky hack that now only exists on wayback machine and go arch autist on the command line just to get the fans to go up to 100% on a Dell laptop that kept overheating because they don't let the user access the fan controls. Fucking why? There is absolutely no reason to do that. They had to go out of their way to remove that basic functionality. They actually put fucking effort into making an objectively shittier product. Those absolute cunts. Yes I'm mad.

Retarded post

Good job bro. Also don't worry, if the thermal paste falls over a bit its not technically an issue. Just clean it. If it touches where the pins should go, it doesn't do anything either technically. There's videos proving this but it is a mess and you should still always be careful.

thanks m8s. life is still shit in general but at least can emulate whatever I want now and run 500 units on modded warband

Attached: VapidAdmirableDairycow-max-1mb.gif (260x163, 868.37K)

you sound like a sad man, go do something productive with your life