Virtually single handedly saves beloved franchise on the brink of certain doom

>Virtually single handedly saves beloved franchise on the brink of certain doom
>Becomes inspiration for many games after
>Regarded as one of the greatest horror games ever

Was this greatest comeback in video games of all time?

Attached: 1ABDEE45-AE7B-402A-AE83-F4F3BE15E444.jpg (728x910, 208.35K)

It was my first resident evil game and I liked it at first but I felt like they were pulling things out of thin air and that nothing made sense. I'm sure everything is perfectly obvious to actual fans but to me it was complete chaos

Pic related

Attached: re4.png (1174x613, 564.3K)

nearly killed the franchise and popularized cancer like QTEs
the opposite of a comeback

it and re8 are the worst main entries in the series

>nearly killed the franchise
Holy contrarianism

Zoomers sure do love their walking sim movie games.

I know most people prefer RE2 Remake but I still think RE7 is the best RE game in recent memory
I guess it helps I played it in VR as well and it was an experience I'll never forget since the VR enhanced the game a ton both in scare factory and atmosphere plus it was a great modern take on classic survival horror gameplay

I also loved all the DLC it sucks non of the recent REs have had anywhere as good of side content or DLC.

Attached: 1612240512495.jpg (2100x4235, 2.16M)

>being objectively correct is contrarianism
Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. RE4 was nearly the death of survival horror.

this. re4 was the better comeback from the same franchise

it didn't kill the franchise. you are already moving goalposts

>it didn't kill the franchise
Yeah because 7 saved it

How can a game be a waling sim if it has gunplay inventory management puzzles level design enemies and bosses extra game modes and difficulties? I don't know many walking sims that have any of that.

Attached: 0335_Resident_Evil_7_biohazard.jpg (1400x788, 86.01K)

Yeah, Eveline's abilities are because she was designed with "technical cooperation" from H.C.F, who obtained the T-Veronica virus in Resident Evil Code Veronica X. That's why she has similar capabilities to Alexia Ashford. This is literally never, ever explained. I can't imagine how fucking insane it must all be if you're going in blind.

RE1 and 2 were awesome, Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica killed nearly the franchise. Resident Evil 4 was awesome, 5 was good and 6 was fucking bad and RE was nearly killed again.

Both RE7 and RE4 are amazing games. Seethe about it.

Attached: 1653030921530.jpg (1280x960, 101.62K)

It objectively saved Resident Evil. If they kept making games like 0 and CV (which started the trend of over the top action, not re4) then the series would have faded away

I somewhat enjoyed it, but it’s been out for over half a decade and I haven’t had the urge to replay it even once.

RE4 was the beginning of RE's decline.

Every RE game that's come out since 7 has been great yes even RE3 Remake was pretty fun if you got it for cheap

Attached: 1661718591761382.gif (350x350, 174.4K)

RE was really only dead in spirit with RE5. Even with RE6, the Revelations games were doing damage control behind the scenes. It's actually the director of Rev1 that made RE7.

RE7 was the beginning of RE's second decline

6 was the last truly great RE.

What? RE4 was coming off the heels of three of the most successful and well known horror games, how was it a comeback? RE7 had to clean up the dour taste RE6 left in people’s mouths after a 5 year long wait, if it didn’t see success the franchise would be god knows where.

Actually, I'd argue that Resident Evil Revelations saved the franchise.
Capcom was genuinely surprised as its success, and that led to them accepting the pitch for a more traditional game with Resident Evil 7.
The two games have the same director, Koushi Nakanishi.

Without Revelations and its success, we likely would've gotten another game like Resident Evil 6.

Attached: 815YnVKLTUL.jpg (2295x2053, 510.14K)

If you live in retard land

4 is one of my favorite games of all time but it kicked off the action hero trilogy which is seen as a turn for the worse by most. There are almost no survival elements and the horror is just a backdrop. Still a 10/10 game though

The franchise peaked with Umbrella Corps

I still really like Revelations
Too bad Revelations 2 is still the most bland RE title otherwise I'd be asking for another Revelations game

Thanks, that's exactly what I was talking about. But again, I know it's at least partly my fault

Name a single antagonist who can hold a candle to Jack Baker, from any game
I'll wait

Attached: 1655495226412.jpg (612x610, 39.34K)

It's funny to see the actionfags of the mid 00s to early 10s find themselves where classicfags were in the same timeframe. Vindicating, in a way.

>le wacky hillbilly
any of them really

Stupid fucking zoomies. RE was getting shat on for how samey it was and people were saying it was a dead franchise doing the same shit over and over again. RE4 shut everyone up and brought it to the mainstream.

For me its Zelda, Metal Gear and Resident Evil.

Attached: 240F24E100000578-0-image-m-7_1418627532930.jpg (634x455, 51.59K)

I agree with this with one caveat. The change from 3rd person to 1st person and trying to bring in a fresh perspective to RE with the lack of established characters or constant talks about Umbrella and such. I think these were somewhat necessary changes for such a long standing series where every character has some overly complicated background and five different alliances.
The remakes came in at the right time to also try and please people with something more classic.

Actioncucks Seething will never stop being funny

Attached: 1655662780121.jpg (268x268, 54.98K)

>Le
Why is this always the first response for people with no arguments?

>pulling things out of thin air and that nothing made sense.
I await your reactions to the old RE games

Attached: laugh.jpg (251x242, 10.29K)

I think anyone who likes gaming likes all three of these franchises