Enemies are too hard to kill alone

>Enemies are too hard to kill alone
Is there a MMO that does this simple trick to incentivize social play?

Attached: respond.png (512x648, 573.04K)

ffxi before 2010.

Vanilla WoW

vanilla WoW basically invented soloing to the level cap in mmos being the normal way to level. Soloing was hard in earlier mmos and not as efficient as grouping

>incentivize social play

Attached: 1651619104094.png (1124x1600, 585.29K)

literally any MMO with dungeons and raids

vanilla FFXI if you just mean regular enemies

see

A lot of Ragnarok Online was built with that intent. Potions are too expensive and don't really do a good job of healing, on top of a lot of regular enemies being able to hit pretty hard/fast and being able to mob up on you.

>just play games that literally don't exist anymore
at least FFXI has private servers

I loved how that made players come with specialized builds done around leveling in certain maps, no other class/spec could solo those maps.

Was it really to incentivize social play or was it to stretch out the game because it barely had any content?

Is that BT?

don't know, maybe both

What gave it away?

Attached: 40261234442.jpg (700x1055, 150.2K)

Dont get me wrong it clearly worked, all i mean is it maybe was just a unintended side effect.

Games where you can play as a cute barbarian girl?

WAR

everything before wow

The only pre-wow (or around wow launch) MMOs I've played were:
>Ragnarok Online
>The 4th Coming
>Dragon Raja
>Mu Online
All of them were fine for solo-play

Maple Story

FFXI, until Abyssea and the level cap removal fucked everything up

FFXI, can confirm as I played on a private server with some anons years ago. Shit was peak MMO fun, literally any enemy beyond the areas close to the city would wreck your shit if you weren't careful.
Ragnarok Online too, but mostly on higher level maps.

Standard and HR5 were possible to solo even with rank specific gear (lmao abuse LBG with all the boostan you can) if you manage to get by the forced multiplayer requirement for the Great Slaying. This chucklefuck is not. You can not sedate it alone and need to cheat to actually fight it alone.
Otherwise it is easy but it is actually impossible to do it alone without server commands

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 2.83M)

Levelling in groups is actually more efficient in vanilla WoW, especially for classes that are bad for soloing like warriors. Dungeons have the best xp and the best loot.

New Maplestory is a single player game. Parties are no longer required for 99% of content. Party Quests died because its more efficient to grind solo. You can go from 1-200 without ever needing to party up. Bossing can be done solo due to the complete imbalance of the P2W systems. Most enemies are killed in one hit since most attacks hit multiple times and cover the entire screen.

Attached: ES3eq_oUcAAtE41.jpg (590x332, 25.41K)

This

lineage 2

I can not even begin on the sheer amount of hatred I have for picrel.

Attached: visionabyssea-1653149126950.jpg (1024x1024, 152.54K)