The great debate

The great debate

Attached: Ratchet-Jak-Sly-Holy-Trinity-e1513898917945.jpg (1070x400, 100.52K)

soulless trash

Banjo-Kazooie > *

I didn't like how incredibly slow sly 2 and 3 were with cutscenes and dialogue

Ratchet and clank was by far the most consistent with game quality.
The highs of the jak trilogy were better than ratchet but the lows were waaaaay worse.

all shit

the precursor legacy was the only good jak and daxter game

Mario 64 is LUDO incarnate. Only thing that comes close to feeling as good is melee and tribes

Ratchet and clank is pretty good

Ratchet > Jak > Sly

>ywn get a Sly 5
>ywn fix Sly 4's awful cliffhanger ending
Slybros...it's over...

Attached: Crippled Sly.png (2048x2048, 1.86M)

>Most consistent trilogy
R&C > Sly > Jak

>Aged the best
R&C > Jak > Sly

>Personal preference
Jak > Sly > R&C

The highs in Jak 1 & 2 just outweigh everything in the other two to me, even if Jak 3 fell a bit flat in places. Those fucking difficulty spikes in Jak 2 though.

STEP ASIDE

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.16M)

Furryformer thread? Anyone else tried Kao? I didn't play the original back then but new one is quite fun.

Attached: kao-the-kangaroo-pc-screenshot-1-3859640746.jpg (1920x1080, 462.78K)

based

I've been meaning to play monster boy but I keep forgetting about it

>Ratchet 1
Presentation wise it's still the best game out in all three series and there's some merit to how you need to use the weapons creatively instead of blitzing everyone by strafing. What brings it down is that it's not that challenging or deep.

>Going Commando
Really fun, really massive, half of the gadgets are trash, story is overrated because muh critic on consumerism.

>UYA
Could have been the best game of the trilogy if it wasn't for the shortcuts they had to take (lesser graphics, cut sections)

>Jak and Daxter
Still one of the most polished 3D platformers ever made desu, only gets mogged by Mario post-64.

>Jak 2
Absolute edgekino and the difficulty actually makes it super fun. What isn't fun is having to drive everywhere trying not to bump into the cops and Dark Jak being nearly useless.

>Jak 3
A fun toybox but completely unbalanced with all the shit that gets thrown at you, the mess of a story does not help.

>Sly 1
Fun for a Crash clone, but the minigame levels are trash.

>Band of Thieves
Best Sly in terms of story and consistency, but there wasn't still room to improve how the characters controlled.

>Honor Among Thieves
Complete opposite. They got the best version of the main trio but bloated it with all the other characters and playstyles which aren't as fun. Not to mention it loses the originals' edge. The fun of Sly was goofy cartoon characters doing serious noir crime shit, by 3 the writing gets Captain Planet levels of corny.

Attached: jak3-dark-precursor.jpg (900x820, 191.18K)

Ratchet > Sly >>> Jak

>(lesser graphics, cut sections)
Cut sections? Does the game have a lot of unused shit in it, or just concepts that were made public that got dropped? It'd explain why UYA was the shortest of the three games.

Definitely not Ratchet. You played one, you've played them all. Plus the series gets less interesting and soulful over time.

>but bloated it with all the other characters and playstyles which aren't as fun
Not to mention every third mission being some fucking form of minigame with a two minute verbose explanation by Bentley.

R&C > Sly > J&K

The thing is that I want to say J&K is the ebst because I like the idea an dapproach but the other two franchises just have a consistant quality.

1 and 3 almost different genres
everything after 3 is th same though but who cares about post ps2 ratchet