Silent hill thread

Silent hill thread

Attached: 689034923_a_rusty_bloody_prison_in_hell_at_night_with_scary_demons_horror_hyper_realistic_silent_hill.png (512x512, 517.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WShknpNpHbY
youtube.com/watch?v=TiDz69EqlFk
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
quebecgamers.com/articles/silent-hill-trade-demo/index.html
silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Newspaper_from_7_years_ago
web.archive.org/web/20191004204840/http://quebecgamers.com/Silent_Hill_Trade_Demo_NTSC-U_SLUS-80707.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SH1=SH2>SH3>SH4>origins>shattered memories>>>Downpour>>>>>Homecoming>>>>>>>>>Book of memories

youtu.be/WShknpNpHbY

Attached: 1661286170665973.jpg (640x640, 68.38K)

Agreed.

silent shill

Attached: 1877458893965.jpg (800x450, 39.47K)

I would put SH2 slightly above SH1, otherwise yeah perfect.

I purchased SH1 (ps1 black label) ,2 (black label), & 3(w/ soundtrack for ps2 all CIB RIGHT before prices skyrocketed with the pandemic. Feelsfuckinggoodman

I didn't buy 4 though as I didn't think that was a team silent game. Feelsbadman.

Attached: 1652570549303.gif (320x421, 3.9M)

>there was a hole here
>it's gone now

Attached: file.png (896x672, 630.38K)

>black label
>not the 0.9 trade demo version
oh no

Tried to replay SH1 few weeks ago but it freezes during cutscene when I reach Balkan Church. I remember it worked before, many years ago and doesn't work now on modern emulator (duckstation).

Yeah I agree. Although I'm tempted to say SH1=SH2=SH3

That's because you're overclocking.

I recently replayed SH1. It's excellent. The only flaws are the low framerate and map resolution.

Attached: alessa.jpg (540x542, 23.84K)

Any Emulation hacks?

Weird, I don't even use upscale or any other "improvements".
No. I tried different settings but still doesn't work. Iso is not corrupted, other people can play it.

another flaw is one of the most crucial pieces of lore not being included in the NTSC version

Attached: file.png (640x480, 328.16K)

Should I give 4 a fair shot?
I booted it up and got turned off by how different it was. It wasn't at all like the first 3 games.

I really recommend it because of unsettling lore and atmosphere, but many people hate it.

Check to see if the emulator overclocks by default, or even uses a faster disc read speed. I just played it all the way through on the beetle retroarch core and it was fine even with PGXP hacks. I did have to turn off my overclock at that exact same scene in the church though.

It has a couple cool moments, but honestly that's it.

If you can, emulate it. The pc version has missing stuff well...its not really missing theres just a bug that wont let the stuff trigger. Anyway yeah its a pretty decent game.

It's honestly a fun little side story, though it breaks too many established rules and has too much goofy shit like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=TiDz69EqlFk

Ah, yeah that sucks too. I guess this was an oversight by the localizers or something.

Attached: gillespie house.jpg (703x977, 196.95K)

I'd recommend at least one play through on normal mode, since the game is an annoying slog with all the ghosts and other enemies, but I think it tells a fairly interest side story.

Attached: 1521645589553.jpg (1100x623, 195.44K)

>Silent hill thread
Great! Time to repost the SH PC Guide (old) + DL links :

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2:EE project's home page:
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
W10's own virtual disc app may not work. If so, try programs like Daemon Tools v4.
Also don't install under "C:\Program Files\" ! This will cause issues.

For SH2, just download the Enhanced Edition mod's installer, and run it. It's that easy now!
The "Enhanced .EXE" is also the no-CD crack.

SH3 & 4 don't really need much fixes, per se, but do check the Guide and the PC Gaming Wiki for some neat tweaks.

SH1 is a PS1 game, you need to emulate it.
I recommend the DuckStation, which is modern and easy to use, but most emulators work OK as well.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Start with Normal difficulty.
-There's TONS of replay value, so replay them all.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting, for better gamma & colors!
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors. Leg it, or sneak!
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help w/ stealth!

>Should I give 4 a fair shot?
Yes.

>it wasn't at all like the first 3 games
True.

Attached: SH-PC-Guide-14th-November-2020-v2,4.png (1281x6118, 1.05M)

>duckstation over beetle
>NTSC SH1
Play the trade demo version. It has none of the censorship of PAL, but all of the stuff the localizers fucked up for NTSC is still in the game. The 0.9 trade demo version even has MORE voice acted scenes than 1.0
quebecgamers.com/articles/silent-hill-trade-demo/index.html

I think it's great, that it was unfairly judged because fans just wanted more of the SH1-3 formula, which 4 deviates from. Give it a fair mind and I think you'll enjoy it.

Attached: walt.jpg (2048x1502, 174.54K)

>unfairly judged because fans just wanted more of the SH1-3 formula
I'd argue it's fair to compare a game called Silent Hill to other games called Silent Hill. Though I did enjoy 4.

The core elements are still there, it's not like its an FPS.

Yeah it's perfectly close enough in most regards, just saying that same argument could be used to defend Homecoming or Downpour god forbid.

> When you return to the alley to find Cheryl, a dog is prowling there in the Trade Demo . EDIT : It seems that finally, the dog is also in the final version, but its appearance is random, so no difference here.

WHAT

I had no idea a dog could appear there! I played the game a lot and it never happeend.

Really makes the "beware of dog" sign more foreboding. I really recommend a trade demo play-through if you're a big fan of SH1. Very much worth it.

huh? I've never heard of this. Where can I find what was excluded?

Attached: 1660768028850650.jpg (735x1102, 206.39K)

>duckstation over beetle
Duckstation is literally the best PS1 emulator ever created, and Retrofags can go fuck themselves.

>NTSC SH1
I'm an Europoor-fag myself, and I will literally never go back playing the censored 50hz slow-motion game of mine.

Thanks for the curious link though

Ever wonder WHY Alessa was in the hospital with burns? As much as I hate the SH wiki you can read about it here.
silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Newspaper_from_7_years_ago

I didn't say to play the censored version, I said to play the trade demo version.

God even this one fucking page I linked you has misinformation.
>Note that the newspaper does not always appear. The exact conditions required to spawn it are unknown.
It literally doesn't show up in NTSC at all no matter what you do, it's simply not in the game. Fucking fan Wikis jesus christ. Sorry about that.

Silent

The best thing that could happen to silent hill is a legally grey reverse engineered pc port.

Attached: 5929-silent-hill-playstation-front-cover.jpg (650x650, 48.63K)

web.archive.org/web/20191004204840/http://quebecgamers.com/Silent_Hill_Trade_Demo_NTSC-U_SLUS-80707.rar

Here's the web archive version, so you don't stress the guy's server dollars.

I don't mind giving them a click for documenting all of the changes between versions. Is quebecgamers disliked for some reason?