Why haven't any of the countless Sonic-rehash games ever included any nods to 3d Blast?

Why haven't any of the countless Sonic-rehash games ever included any nods to 3d Blast?

youtube.com/watch?v=QOEOg3Xmtdo

Attached: genesis-sonic-3d-blast.jpg (640x404, 49.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YmVo8ebBbV4
youtube.com/watch?v=Uivgblx8CrA
youtube.com/watch?v=nF6-XJM76B4
youtube.com/watch?v=aNGJ2ma-CeE
youtube.com/watch?v=jmumwqcJaMw
youtube.com/watch?v=PE_WHPgXRAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean aside from Adventure having rearrangements of music from it?
What else is there to lift, really? Flickies still exist.

because it was a disaster

because 3D blast fucking sucks and the only decent part, the music, was already lifted and rearranged in adventure 25 years ago
you could probably make the argument the mania special stages using 3D is a reference, even if it isn't

Holy fuck I never noticed it was the same music.

they also reutilized an unused track from it in sonic 4

youtube.com/watch?v=YmVo8ebBbV4
youtube.com/watch?v=Uivgblx8CrA

youtube.com/watch?v=nF6-XJM76B4
Comparisons for anyone who's as retarded as I am.

Holy fuck why is the bass track so terrible in the nu version?
I don't understand how there are talented people who would do a better job for free but these companies always seem to pay some of the worst people they can find.

3D blast is fucking garbage and you can fucking fight me on that. I have it burned for my saturn and it is entirely miserable to play through

3D Blast was developed by Americans and the Genesis version didn't even come out over there. We all know that Japan didn't give a shit about what American game studios were doing until about 2007 when they all suddenly decided they had to copy the west for a while.

I have a personal conspiracy theory that Jun Senoue didn't actually so any work on Sonic 4, they just took a bunch of scrapped in-progress tracks by him that they already owned the rights to, so they could advertise him as the composer for the game.

Flickies predate this game by a large margin.

>these companies always seem to pay some of the worst people they can find
lol the new version was done by the same guy who composed the original, he's worked at Sega for decades now
the problem is knowing how to compose music is different from knowing how to program said music for the genesis to spit back out
Jun Senoue never did the latter so his more modern attempts at creating genesis-sounding music all suffer from poor instrumentation, he's a pretty good musician otherwise

Attached: 1649645453933.png (320x224, 7.17K)

No, something is really fishy about Sonic 4 in particular. The final boss music is a 10-second loop for a fight that takes like 8 minutes. It's not up to his usual standard.

Because it was mediocre at best game, with most, if not all of its stage themes already done or would be done by Sonic Adventure.
At best, it got a recycled theme for Windy Valley, but that's only because Jun Senoue worked on that track.
The sad thing is that Richard Jacques' Saturn OST absolutely blew the shit out of the Genesis version, but niggers will never appreciate that version because practically no one gave a shit about the Saturn version of 3D Blast. The man completely NAILED the audio but never gets the credit he deserves.

Seriously listen to this shit and Rusty Ruin.
youtube.com/watch?v=aNGJ2ma-CeE
youtube.com/watch?v=jmumwqcJaMw

Attached: 1635866771203.jpg (515x515, 40.33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PE_WHPgXRAc
3D Blast inspired vidya

>It's not up to his usual standard.
Did you not hear the new Super Sonic theme he wrote for Origins' S3K port? Writing genesis-styled music clearly hasn't been his forte for a while now.

the roblox game has the saturn ost and its based

Interesting, although it seems more inspired by the early concept stuff Yasuhara did for X-treme than 3D Blast.

Attached: 1645815272131.png (784x600, 209.32K)

Lots of people know about Jacques' work on 3D Blast, user. It's why he's worked on multiple Sonic games since then.

Retard alert.

Not many played it.