Comfy Steam Deck thread

Comfy Steam Deck thread

Attached: 1656742672315.jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

>another thread with the same replies from discord trannies
For what purpose

hello fellow monkey

>Status is still on shipping soon

Attached: 1661106390322635.png (697x844, 170.5K)

Posting this here since I got no answers in my thread:

I'm considering buying a steamdeck Any Forums, tell me if it's a viable option, or if I should just pass on it.

I play mostly on handhelds as a habit because I've always enjoyed handhelds the most. I have a gaming PC that runs most recent things on "medium." I have a PS4, and a switch, and I spend most of my time playing shit on the switch simply because I can take it with me everywhere, and when I have time no matter where I'm at, I'll get it out and play for a bit.

I know there's a dock coming, and there's some streaming from PC capabilities, how disappointed am I gonna be with the SD in reality? I just want to be able to play some modern games on a handheld.(As in, not proprietary Nintendo games optimized for the Switch.)

Money isn't really a concern as much as is the hardware I'm getting worth the money for what I want it for.

Pic related, it's literally me but he might be a little more based playing this shit in the middle of walmart.

Attached: ds-guy.jpg (450x333, 44.73K)

Me waiting for my steam deck to come in the mail

Attached: 1661273090858317.jpg (640x640, 80.4K)

TF2 is shit on steam deck

Where are your knuckles?

Chinese marketing thread?

Absolutely worth it, I'll probably never touch my switch again (hardly ever did anyways because shitty performance)

I can play everything from elden ring to gba roms all on the go, although check out the size/weight specs if that concerns you - it's beefier than a switch but much more comfortable imo

Sounds like you'll enjoy based on the potential library alone

Attached: IMG_20220810_205945318.jpg (4000x3000, 2.12M)

the hardware is insane for the price. The device is useless if you have a switch and a PC3

Just paid for mine. What can I expect?

Attached: 1641790953391.png (926x552, 515.45K)

I think it's worth it if you already like handhelds, certainly the best example of a full PC in handheld form that I've used

Any of you tried running Genshin on it yet? I assume you'd have to run it in Wine or something

Payment still pending. Don't know where its shipping from so it will probably take another week. There are stories of people getting their Deck while their status stuck on Shipping Soon but thats wishful thinking.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (600x88, 9.68K)

Alright bros how long am I gonna be waiting on shipping

A week for me

The fans are loud as fuck when playing certain games. Like you can put the thing on full fucking audio and you can still hear the fans over the system.
It does get REALLY fucking hot on the back-side, but not the sides of the system itself.
If you fuck around with settings, you can make the battery last a decent time.
DMC5, bayonetta, Nioh, Metal gear rising, and other input heavy games are fun as fuck to play on it.
It's fucking great for stuff like disgaea, and emulators, so unless you have a vita already then what's the fucking point, really?
The trackpads take a little getting used to. Some games have you nudge it, some games have you "swipe" them to turn the camera.
Playing certain games on it is kinda weird, the top "left and right" trigger buttons are a little weird, but the 4 buttons on the under-side are actually great.
The community layouts thing for certain games is great, some of them work well, some of them are complete dogshit.
tl;dr takes a while to get used to, don't expect to play really heavy games like elden ring, witcher 3, or open world stuff without hearing those loud as fuck fans.
My honest opinion? Don't bother if you have a good PC or don't care about emulating older games

Attached: 1561532547424.png (790x767, 711.05K)

Attached: sdfd.jpg (4000x3000, 951.63K)

those japanese keyboards really are pointless, even the japs all use romaji input

>The fans are loud as fuck when playing certain games
That's not good. The steam deck isn't for me.

Do both Niohs run fine on the thing? I kinda assumed it would be too demanding but I will cream myself if I can play Nioh 2 while all comfy in bed.