How fucked is this game?

5 years of development when they've been very forthcoming about the fact that they're basically reusing the whole map and a presumably a ton of assets. Even with COVID and the supposed 'new features', the timeline for production still just doesn't add up—something must be seriously fucked up and/or broken. I have absolutely zero confidence in this game anymore which is a shame when the first was so good

Attached: lbmfadqupt571.png (640x720, 534.13K)

I'll be surprised if they don't pull a reverse pokemon silver/gold. you start off in the old map same old same old, but then very quickly you either go to a completely new area or something happens that completely changes the map
otherwise yeah, no idea what's taking them so long

It'll still sell tens of millions of copies, snoy the seether

I feel like their reticence in releasing even the name of the game means they have a big surprise in store
they're making a direct sequel to what's largely regarded as one of the best games of all time (even if it might not be), taking 5 years despite the map/asset reuse and have been pretty quiet about it, so I can't imagine it will just be 'BotW with a little extra' as if it's a DLC
what that big surprise is I don't know, but I feel it's directly tied to the name of the game itself which is why they're holding off on it even this late into the marketing of the game
either way I'm interested in seeing what they do, I didn't get along with BotW but it felt clear the game had a ton of potential that just needed to be refined

I don't think it's going to be a critical darling like the first one but I will enjoy it. I don't mind the same map if Link has interesting new powers and there is different stuff to find. Honestly if they just took BotW 1 and shuffled all the shrine locations I would have fun playing it again

My conspiracy theory is they got moghed by genshit and keep delaying until the chinese gatcha is not as relevant

Attached: 62C85167-825A-4E24-8E3B-6CF90979A8B3.png (483x459, 117.87K)

I forget where I read it but someone said the title itself will contain a pretty big plot spoiler, which is why they've been so cagey about it. seems kind of dumb to me. I mean sure they could be scheming some huge reveal but the limited amount of the game/world we've seen suggests (to me) it's more likely that it's not in a state where they even *can* show it—which again is absolutely baffling if they're reusing a ton of assets

Think they were waiting to launch it alongside a Pro model, but that got killed/set back do to all the chip issues. Probably now holding it for a Switch 2 launch title.

gay if true

Isn't the Pro basically just an unconfirmed Twitter rumor?

>suggests (to me) it's more likely that it's not in a state where they even *can* show it
seems pretty unlikely considering the first trailer for the game was an in-game cutscene, something that's done further along in game development usually
there's a big thing that they're holding off on, so far they've only shown off some poxy little islands and small new mechanics, stuff that barely even warrant it being a sequel as opposed to a DLC. Nintendo are stupid but not 'that' stupid to release a sequel to such a huge game that's barely even a sequel

Why does that thing on the bottom look like it was made by a modder? Seriously looks like some shit you see on gamebanana.

Itl be 11/10 for everyone except me which will probably be better than the first but as till nothing amazing 7/10 vs botw 6/10.

How long are they going to hold off on the name of the game? Would be funny if the censored the name on the box and the digital download and it doesn't get revealed until you beat the game

no nvidia got hacked and it was confirmed they've been working on a dlss switch with a custom orin chip since 2019 at least

Wow you're such a deep thinker user

i'm hopeful they will include better music in this sequel, the trailer makes it seem like it will be

Every leaker who had been right before also said it was happening, but there's never been anything official, no. But it doesn't sound unfathomable that the OLED model was supposed to be the Pro model but because sourcing problems they had to scale it back to just a screen upgrade.

lolwut? That was such an early reveal they could have arbitrarily slapped literally anything together. It wasn't even a vertical slice. You have way too much faith in Nintendo

Chinks will keep Genshin relevant for the next 3 years at the very least.

>I have absolutely zero confidence in this game anymore which is a shame when the first was so good

>I pass judgement on shit I have never even seen for 10 minutes

You fuckers are worse than fucking trannies when it comes to overreacting.

People actually play gachas?

Attached: memetoss.png (950x950, 285.67K)

>But it doesn't sound unfathomable that the OLED model was supposed to be the Pro model
no the oled model was datamined years ago, it was worked on under the codename AULA, it's not a refurbished Pro

Imagine being so insecure that an honest thought makes you nervous enough to lash out like that, fuckin look at yourself