From the moment they added this scene they were doomed

Nothing they could've come up with would've been enough to satisfy all the spooky mysterious origins they were setting up for the reapers

Attached: 76.jpg (1280x720, 129.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revelation_Space
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no, I'm not gonna say anything of substance or answer any questions because the writers haven't bothered thinking that far ahead
>check out my cool voice processor though
Truly, the pinnacle of dialogue.

I liked it, problem is they didnt deliver on the premise set up in ME2 why Reapers actually cull high end civilisations (should have went with the whole high use of ezo makes suns go black hole or someyhing like that and that reapers stop the universe going boom and restarting the Civilisation cycle for a reason) so as i recall they ended with reaper ai got fucky or something like that in ME3?

Mass Effect would've been better if the Council was right. There was actually no massive Reaper invasion threat and Shepard was getting indoctrinated through the use of the beacons. Instead of a massive invasion, the Reapers, stuck in the dark space, would continue working through agents directed by some reapers that stayed behind like Sovereign - but they'd remain hidden because of what happened in ME1. Things would've happened roughly the same way: ME2 would've seen the Collectors trying to build another Reaper but ME3 would be about more people of power being converted. The Illusive Man and Cerberus, Udina/the Council and so on. The remaining reapers would've grown desperate in the end and attacked directly and armies would have to mobilize but since Reapers are nearly indestructible that'd require a massive collective effort and unification of the species that don't really want to work together. And in the end Shepard would've gone completely indoctrinated himself, facing imaginary choices to make with only the destruction of the Reapers being the correct one.

You don't really have to explain it, ME2 is what killed the series both in story and gameplay.

Not only that, the mere fact that Sovereign addresses Shepard directly, is a terrible idea.

Brainlet take

>why are you doing this
>bro, u like, just wouldn't even get it cuz you like, so dumb and not an old space robot like me

youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM

They clearly went too big too soon

>"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
Why is this stupid shit praised? The big spooky evil is talking to ants.

The Reapers were better when they were the Kohr-Ah

Made a lot more sense, too

Attached: Ur-Quan_Kohr-Ah.gif (485x213, 91.67K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revelation_Space

ME2 is literally a game designed for brainlets.

And yet it's still the best in the series.

>ammo pool

No.

>Story does a big loop and effectively goes nowhere
>Entire game boils down to a recruitment mission then it abruptly ends
>Spoil the big story event and have it take place at the start of the game so it has no emotional impact

It's better than 3 but that's not exactly something to be proud of.

>infinite perpetual High Explosive rounds X barrage with every weapon

The Inhibitors motivation is even dumber then the Reapers

Yes, becoming overpowered over time by selectively upgrading your weapons is ifinitely better than the garbage in 2

>becoming overpowered over time by selectively upgrading your weapons
Which is what you do in Mass Effect 2, just without wasting time on converting twenty copies of the same mod to omnigel.

How the fuck did Protheans turn out different compared to what they were depicted as in 1?

Attached: Gk7Nh.jpg (210x346, 52.19K)

No plans to use them past that one planet existed at the time.

bioware only knows how to reskin the same game over and over again, mass effect was doomed as a series the moment it was conceived

lore answer is that's a species called the Inusannon or something like that, which were assimilated like everyone else into the Prothean Empire. Javik is a Prothean (race) as well as a Prothean (nationality).
the real answer is they forgot those statues existed.

Reminder that Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.

So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're not as weak as I thought. But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me. Now an entire planet is dying because you lacked the strength to win. The legend of Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm there for the last chapter. It ends with your death.

-KL