Why did it fail? this shit is amazing

why did it fail? this shit is amazing

Attached: gaf049b360193b7a5d21069a4898dc8a4-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 125.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1058748317146865664
pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/ps_vitas_all-time_us_best-sellers_show_why_sony_binned_system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I played the first one and it was ok. Nothing terribly special.

It had awful quest design and combat

Poor marketing outside of Japan

The core mechanic is a great idea. Everything else is pretty mediocre.

It was charming and all, but its not really a masterpiece, its decent

I played the Vita demo and it felt nothing special, just a gimmicky game.

It didn’t. The sequel did.
GR1 was one of the most successful Vita games. However the way Sony treated GR2 was like they were embarrassed by it and tried to hide it with a stealth launch.

Sony refused to market it. They even refused to spend 2 minutes on it at E3 by showing the trailer which was already made and ready to go.
They buried it.

At the 11th hour they changed it from a PS3 game to a Vita game to launch with the Vita. They missed the launch window by months. When it did finally release the Vita's sales worldwide had already completely flatlined to practically nothing so nobody bought it.
When it got a PS4 port years later, they did a minimal print run that sold out instantly. It released well into the PS4's life and was ignored for much bigger titles. Releasing the sequel on PS4 only wasn't a great financial move because nobody had played the original and that didn't sell too well either. They shut down the online scoring servers like a year after GR2 came out which should have cost them practically nothing to maintain which only shows how poorly it must have been selling.

In all honesty, Japan Studio games for the most part haven't really sold well since back in the PS2 and PSP days with a few exceptions. It's no wonder Sony shut them down after they were spending way too long to produce anything and even when they did all they released were financial bombs after financial bombs.

>FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU SIREN
>PROJECT SIREN PRESENTS: GENERIC WEEBSHIT
yeah i wonder why it failed huh

I am tired of seeing this shitty ass game, just be honest and admit you only talk about it because the MC is hot

>fail
It was sabotaged for being too Japanese

Is a great game, but is also a very old school game: Is not a movie game, is a japanese sandbox with a really small areas to explore, script is odd, gameplay is only rewarding if you really git gud (if not the player will only spam gravity kicks like a retarded), game is too japanese for occidental countries and at the same time, too occidental for japanese audiences, is cute but at the same time haves some lovecraft kind of elements, kat is some kind of quantic maho shoujo, too adult for kids but too kiddy for adults, etc.

Is a odd game, I love it but I can see why it failed.

Attached: gravity_rush___kat_jackochallenge_by_genzoman_depvz2w-fullview.jpg (1280x931, 182.67K)

>GR1 was one of the most successful Vita games.
That's actually not true. I don't think you realise just how dire the situation the Vita was in financially.

Here is a list of the top 10 grossing PS Vita games up until September of 2018. Every single game but one was released its launch year, and 2nd and 3rd place both had discounted hardware bundles that included a memory card for regular MSRP vastly inflating their rank. Gravity Rush does not appear in this list.

The 10th highest grossing Vita game in the US sold so bad Sony shut down Zipper
The 9th highest grossing Vita game in the US sold so bad Capcom wrote off the Vita and never made a game or even port for it ever again
The 7th highest grossing Vita game sold so bad Sony shut down the studio and merged that staff with another studio
The top grossing title in the US sold right about 400,000 copies in the US, while the 10th place highest grossing Vita game in the US only sold 200,000 copies in the US
Spiderman on PS4 sold more copies during its first month of sale than all of the Vita top 10 did life to date combined

twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1058748317146865664
pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/ps_vitas_all-time_us_best-sellers_show_why_sony_binned_system

Attached: PS Vita Top 10 grossing games Sept 2018.jpg (724x359, 65.56K)

>life to date US top 10 games
not him, but this shows only USA games. Vita was a very different market in asia and EU.

What a smug, pretentious and backhanded post
>It failed because it was superior to everything else and everything else is shit

I'm glad that series never took flight.

not enough moments where kat was restrained belly face up in just camisole and panties with tentacles tickle torturing her most sensitive parts

The US is the biggest gaming market there is. True it was selling better in Japan and Asia, but even there none of its games were selling particularly well outside of Minecraft. Sony stuff usually does really well in EU, but Vita was just as ignored there as it was in NA.
The point of the list was to show that Gravity Rush did not appear there, and that even the most "successful" Vita games were still selling so poorly that studios were getting shut down or companies were completely abandoning the thing.

Kat was too cute for the tarnnies at snoy

The games suck man, you play for like a few hours and then the missions bore.
Don't know it gets treated like some hidden gem

Probably 10% of my time in GR2 was spent with Kat in her 2B costume taking upskirt pictures of her vagina and ass

>DUDE DO THE SAME ATTACK IN A LOOP TO DESTROY RED ORBS LMAO
>DUDE BLACK GOO AND TENTACLES

cringe

It's a pretty mediocre game with one cool mechanic that was fleshed out enough. Levels should have been more like time trials centered around using your gravity powers creatively and combat should've been removed entirely because it sucks balls.

Because it's a very mediocre game that was basically just a tech demo

How's gravity rush 2? Worth a buy?