Vidya characters that did nothing wrong but got fucked over while the morally questionable "protagonists" got nothing...

Vidya characters that did nothing wrong but got fucked over while the morally questionable "protagonists" got nothing they deserved.

I'll start.

Attached: 1587681976554.png (768x768, 290.19K)

Maruki was the bad guy though?

In what definition was he a bad guy?

Attached: 1576029346276.jpg (1705x859, 169.04K)

He tried to force his own ideas onto everybody else

The ideas of eliminating trauma?
The ideas of erasing human suffering and bringing together a world where everyone could be happy? Even evil people?
Again, what definition.

Doesn't matter, not everybody would like to live in a world like that or to have their lives be forcibly changed, textbook definition of a dictator

rape is good

He didnt suffer enough

Attached: IdeoHazama.jpg (542x1032, 144.97K)

t. Kamoshida

>extremely selfless and empathetic
>is forced to make his fiancée forget about him so she can move on from her PTSD
>does it happily so that she can live a good life
>wishes nothing but the happiness of everyone on the planet
>is all he wants, is willing to die for this cause
>is fired from his successful profession
>gets his hopes, dreams and ambitions punched out of him
>is willing to die because he failed humanity but Joker saves him
>has to wake up every day to the fact that his soon-to-be wife is out there with another man, carrying another man's child and being happy without him
He suffered plenty.

Starving african children when some japanese teenagers decide that suffering is good actually

Nobody cares about starving children in africa

Maruki cares.

Attached: 1585415580247.jpg (618x469, 108.69K)

Probably, he's a nice guy and a good person but his methods are wrong

His methods are better than what the PT were trying to do and a hell of a lot more effective.

Attached: 1571851603556.jpg (2048x1384, 238.66K)

>Live your whole life as a crippled
>Suddenly gain ability to walk and have a normal life
>Life is fucking fantastic
>Fast forward a few months
>Bunch of edgy teenagers reverse everything because adults = bad and so on
>Have to live as a crippled again
Th-th-thanks phantom thieves.

The wording used by the US constitution is that everyone has the right to "the pursuit of happiness", not the right to happiness itself.
Do you think that one comic about the time traveling girl who finds everyone in the future is kept happy by sitting in cubicles and getting endorphins IV'd into them is a feel-good story?

That's not what Maruki was doing though. They were still living their life how they wanted but with the added bonus of life not sucking.

Attached: 85544232_p4.png (1024x800, 985.16K)

>game about paving your own way and not letting others control you
>Maruki tries to control their lives, even if it's for the better
If they let him get away with it, they would have been hypocrites. The point of Maruki that if you want to make your own way, you must take the bad times tok.

Maruki is the highlight of P5, I can't wait for the threads to return when P5R releases on PC

The life they wanted is not the life that is healthiest for them. Some people would benefit, this I don't deny, but the average human would just become an emotional child in Maruki's ideal world. Eventually either growing human desire would reach the limits of his ability to reconcile conflicts between different peoples' happiness or he would have everyone living in a simulation entirely disconnected from everyone else.
This is why, even though the bill of rights is written with the intent that any one person's rights end when they begin to use them to infringe on someone else's, they don't say you have the right to happiness. Only the right to pursue it. Because if you make yourself happy, your expectations become tempered and you learn from failure. You do not become a perfectly selfish singularity.
Note how in the real world, the bickering old wives eventually realize them feuding over how great their lives are is pointless and become more proper friends, but in the delusion they both get wilder and wilder things to brag about instead. "Happiness" is the end all be all of humanity, but achieving it by just getting your in-the-moment desires fulfilled fucks you in the head.

He was too good for this shit world.

Retards probably think that Maruki wanted to made everyone happy without any drawbacks. If you actually played the game and saw his palace you would know that the price for that happiness is your freedom. It's perfectly clear that you have to fit Maruki's idea of good behavior or you will get reeducated to fit it.

Exactly this.
I beat it January of last year and then come this year watched a friend play through it again and the ending hit even harder the second time.
I guess a year of recovery was not enough for that ending, I cried many manly tears again but even worse because it wasn't a brand new experience to me anymore and some of the subtle nuances I hadn't noticed the first time cut me deep. Added with the fact that his English VA who did an absolutely stellar job as him, probably the best English performance in Persona itself, passed away from cancer this year. I absolutely lost when I heard that. No one else can be Maruki and I hope P5R is the last we see of him, as fucked up and depressing as that is.
If anything that was shown about the Phantom Thieves' own lives changing before they woke up from the dream tells us anything is the fact that it came naturally and as if it was not out of the ordinary. They didn't have to change their thought process at all, they were just simply happy.

Attached: FaN2lHEVQBMfuZl.jpg (1290x753, 122.54K)

>be an expecting mother
>due to health complications, forced to abort the child in order to save the mother's life
>be heartbroken and wish that you could have had the child and lived
>suddenly you're child is sleeping in his crib
>enjoy a few weeks of making memories with your husband and newborn child
>suddenly the baby is gone and you are back in the reality where you had an abortion
Thanks Phantom Thieves, great character development.

I really hope that P6 tries to do a human as the main antagonist instead of just pulling out a god at the end. Maruki was fantastic, and considering the Royal team is likely the P6 team, and I would love to see them attempt something like him throughout the entire game.

>The ideas of erasing human suffering and bringing together a world where everyone could be happy?

Suffering is a fundamental part of the human experience. If there wasn't any bad, you wouldn't appreciate the good. You'd just take it for granted. Case in point: spoiled rich kids who live sheltered lives in the lap of luxury and grow up having no real understanding of life outside their bubble of obscene wealth.

Fuck dude, P5 didn't deserve Royal's kino ending or Maruki. I fucking hate the PT, even if I were still an edgy kid I'd hate them because what they did was morally fucked and they're too fucking retarded to think outside their shitty little view of how the world should work.
They took Akechi's side when his reasons for not wanting the reality were selfish and he's an arrogant, prideful fucker that cannot think outside of his own feelings.
I like Akechi as well but he was an antagonist for a reason and their shallow moral compass did not allow them to have empathy for their fellow man.

Attached: 1574556288620.jpg (680x652, 49.38K)

> They didn't have to change their thought process at all, they were just simply happy.
You do realize that a major part of Maruki's palace was literally about how he tested the people if they would fit his own ideals and then reeducate those who failed the test. It also very clearly showed that most of the phantom thieves, especially Ryuji, would fail those tests and get reeducated. There's no fucking way that their thought process would remain the same in Maruki's world.

We only suffer because we ate of the tree of knowledge.
We can live ignorantly and happily.

>They were still living their life how they wanted
No, they were living the life he thought that would make them happy. If your life would of had any hardship he would of changed it even if it's something you didn't want.
They show this in his palace with the women who wants to be a musician but keeps getting turned down and his advice is to give up and do something else.