Has any vidya offered you with a moral quandary that made you question your outlook?

has any vidya offered you with a moral quandary that made you question your outlook?

Attached: chode.png (879x773, 348.53K)

The question never asked if the trolley has people in it, or if the trolley is moving so fast that switching would derail it

Pull the switch so only one person is killed. Ezpz.

Then you've actively killed a person though.

hmmm nope

That's better than killing more than one person. Ezpz

Inaction is still action so you've killed 5 people if you don't.

Attached: 1639401392254.jpg (1133x809, 65.78K)

And saved 5. I mean don't get me wrong. It's a bummer about the one guy but letting the trolley go means I chose through inaction to kill 5 people over 1.

shut the fuck up

>kill one person
>chance he's white is 50%

>kill 4 persons
>90% they are chinks, poo's or south americans

yep I will help to depopulate this earth.

Attached: 1630820185171.png (614x614, 30.87K)

Not really, no

Attached: 1642888247154.jpg (561x457, 38.36K)

Actions have consequences.
Inaction often has worse consequences.

My brain ached just thinking about this.
Freaking logical paradoxes, man.

No you just watched 5 people die because somebody else put them there
Once you get involved by trying to change the outcome you have now become directly resposible for a persons deaths rather than being an unfortunate bystander witnessing a terrible event happening

If you have to make the decision to not do something, then you've actively chosen not to. Which means you've actively chosen to allow 5 people to die when you could've saved them. Thus, you killed them.

On what grounds do you constitute that saving 5 people is a good thing? To act is to carry out your intent, so where exactly does your intent come from to save these people? Why do you regard such as action as 'right'?

what did they mean by this

Attached: maybebased.png (664x459, 48.2K)

imagine if you actually applied this philosophy to everything in your life

1 < 5

Sonic Forces made me wonder what I was doing with my life
I still haven't recovered

This is assuming you have no knowledge of those 6 people, and the only information you are given is that pulling the lever will swap the tracks. Objectively speaking, letting one person die to save 5 is better than letting 5 die to save one. If you know who the people are, that would influence your decision to pull the level or not, for example if a loved one was the one person, you would absolutely save them.

Full Metal Daemon Muramasa if you're looking for source

Attached: 1633326129768.jpg (554x559, 76.75K)

shut up AI

Attached: medsnow.gif (236x260, 148.91K)

i dont have to choose anything because i am not involved in this event
I have nothing to lose or gain nor have had any involvement with the tracks the train or the people being tied to the tracks

If i see somebody being hacked to death did i kill them because i did nothing ? No the man who hacked them to death killed them

This. If you kill 1 person you will probably get less jail time than if you killed 5.
How do people not understand that killing less people is often better?

>where exactly does your intent come from
from God.

The true test of morality is this:
You live in a universe in which trolley problems are capable of happening in real life.
You see a lever. If you pull the lever it will be impossible to make trolley problems happen in real life ever again. Do you pull it or not?

don’t care ezpz

>Objectively speaking, letting one person die to save 5 is better than letting 5 die to save one
This is only true given there is some axiom that asserts saving more people to be fundamentally good. What I want to know is why you hold such a maxim.